Friday, August 31, 2007

Beautiful Gifts

The mailman has been a wonderful friend of mine lately! Today was no exception. I received the stitched part of my birthday gift from Annemarie today. Oh my gosh! It is gorgeous!!!! Sorry for the blurry photos - I took them late at night with no flash, so the camera had some difficulty with focusing (or rather, I did):


Isn't it just amazing? Oh thank you so much An!!! What I love the very most about this gift is just how much thought and personalization An put into it!

And... more gifts! Sue sent me Papillon Creations' Flamenco off of my wishlist, simply because I gave her some info on needlework shops in NH for an upcoming trip that her friend is going on! Oh Sue, you did not have to do this! I just love it and sure do appreciate it!! Then my dear Karen sent me HAED's Story Keeper chart because she was thinking of me (as you know, I use that design as my icon here on Blogger) - oh Karen! Thanks!!! Last but certainly not least is a little giftie from my DH - now that he is selling QSnaps he decided to give me a 17" x 17" set. Yay! Mine was old and the parts that snap on were cracking. This one is amazing! He then also gave me an 8" x 8" because the one I use at work was also cracking. I love you Mike!
And... a quick update on Cathy's Neighborhood Round Robin. I remembered to pick up that skein of DMC 3012 today (easily one of my favorite DMC colors), and now the house looks more like a house :-) Someone asked if I am the last to stitch on this RR. No, actually, this is a brand new RR that started on July 15th. I am only the second to stitch on it (the other is Cathy, it's owner). Also Jenn asked what else I will stitch on this... nothing, the house totally fills the block (note the sparkly purple basting on the fabric).

Here is Angus playing with my QSnap. I caught him doing this while I was photographing my gifts and Cathy's RR just now... as you can see, he is doing pretty well right now :-)

Thank you all for the sweet comments on the exchanges I received yesterday! Yes, you are right, they are both wonderful! I am blessed :-)

Stitched on today: Started a gift, and Cathy's Neighborhood Round Robin **Sent off my Quaker Alphabet Exchange today

32 comments:

Sharon said...

Annemarie's gift is gorgeous! I love that. Your other gifts are great too. I tell Becky to clone her DH, you should clone Mike too. He is so sweet.

Stitcher said...

What a beautiful thread keeper, and your charts are lovely too. I have that HAED one on my wishlist too.

Kitty Couture said...

Aw, Angus is so cute :)
Great gifts :)

Anonymous said...

I saw Annemarie's gift for you IRL as a WIP and it looked gorgeous then! She did a great job on the finishing!! Great gifts and an adorable Angus!!

Lennu said...

What a beautiful gift from Annemarie!! It's gorgeous. Other gifts are great too. I love the house in the RR, the colours are beautiful. Angus is very cute :)

mainely stitching said...

Oh my gosh, Carol! I can't believe how gorgeous Annemarie's b-day gift for you is! WOW!!!!

And I love your progress on the clam shack. I'll have to keep an eye out for that chart!

Susimac said...

An's gift is gorgeous.

Andrea said...

Your gifts are gorgeous. Great progress on the RR too.

Sherry said...

What a wonderful gift! The clam shack looks great! I really have to do one of these RR if there is ever another one!

LivnLaf said...

Carol...I love the clam shack...very creative and perfect for the area you live in. Great exchange gifts too!

ollie1976 said...

Looks like Angus is having fun-glad that he's doing better.
-Jen

Judith said...

The gift from Annemarie is gorgeous and your house is becoming more beautifull.

Cathy B said...

oooh Carol - I love it! The weather vane and the flag are so cute. This house was just perfect for my neighborhood!

You've been receiving lots of nice gifts lately - good for you.

Have a great weekend!

Jenn said...

An's gift is beautiful. She does amazing work.

Ah yes now I can see the border floss..I couldn't see it in the other pictures. I've never seen this piece before.

Dawn T. said...

All your gifts are wonderful!! Lucky gal:)

Carla said...

Beautiful gifts Carol.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Angus looks like he is having fun:) Q-snaps make a great toy.

I love what you are stitching for Cathy's RR. The colors are fantastic.

staci said...

What a wonderful gift from Annemarie!!! Congrats on all of your gifts--you deserve it because you're such a generous person! Love the house too :)

Sally said...

What a gorgeous gift from Annemarie Carol. The charts are lovely. I have that HAED one but in a quick stitch.

BeckySC said...

OOOH, just gorgeous :) I know you must be so thrilled to recieve such a lovely gift :)

The RR is looking good.

Have a nice weekend!

Kathy said...

Love the thread keeper. That is gorgeous and useful. Other gifts are very nice too.

Love your clam shack. You do a very nice job of stitching.

Annemarie said...

So glad you like your thread keeper, Carol. As you may have guessed by now, you were the one I was after, all those blog entries ago, asking everybody which colour blue they preferred :o)

Mindi said...

The threadkeeper is amazing, and a wonderful gift. Cute picture of Angus playing with your Q-snaps.

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

gorgeous gifts to and from a gorgeous lady :)

Have loved all your recent posts :)

Blessings
Tannia

Anonymous said...

I love the thread keeper Carol, and the charts are lovely!

Kajsa said...

Everything looks just wonderful! Especially Angus, I'm so happy that he's doing well.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... wonderful gifts! And Angus is just adorable :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Angus is looking great, you may have to keep him away from the rest of your stash. LOL You received some lovely gifts also.

Joanne

Kalu V said...

what a georgeous gift!. Its nice to see that Angus is doing better

Anonymous said...

Why do cats think that anything that involves stitching supplies is a toy? LOL :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That needlebook is just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what wonderful gifts! :)