Saturday, August 04, 2007

Congratulations Isabelle and Sebastien!

Like many of you, my thoughts have been with Isabelle and Sebastien today! I cannot wait to see wedding photos :-) I am so happy for them and wish them a long and joyful marriage.
I received a beautiful package from my dear friend Sonya today. She stitched me this amazing little pillow, and sent me some small cuts of some really pretty fabrics, some bellpull hardware (nice!!) and a skein of WDW. She stitches so beautifully - thank you Sonya!! And the Serenity sampler behind the gifts is from Margaret. Margaret and I have grown to be such good friends through our annual trips to Celebration each May :-) She sent me a chart I have wanted for the longest time - and sent the fibers too! I adore it, thank you Margaret! I hope to stitch this one up once Victoria's Quaker is finished! I also received a chart off of my wishlist from Leslie a couple of days ago, but since I blog so late at night, I often forget important things - and I sure did this time! Thank you so much Leslie!!! I love it! **If you have not visited Leslie's blog lately, there is a treat there for you - a pregnant photo! Leslie looks so cute!
And, of course, an update of And A Forest Grew. I didn't realize until I was almost done with the tree I stitched tonight that it is the apple tree from Eden with the snake twisting up the trunk. How cool is that?? Not much to show tonight - we went to my MIL's for brunch today and spent time with her and Mike's uncle who is quite ill from cancer right now :-( Later in the day, I finished a little gift (sadly, not Isabelle's yet!!) and then found time for AAFG... Even with brief stitching time on it tonight, that was further reduced by three visits from Gig tonight demanding lap time!
Rocket City


Stitched on today: Finished a gift, and And A Forest Grew

15 comments:

Kalu V said...

what a cute little pillow!
AAFG is looking great theres so many kinds of little trees sometimes I dont even know which one to look at, it looks great :D

Unknown said...

What great little gifties! And a forest grew is looking great. Thats neat they have the snake coming up the tree.

mainely stitching said...

That pillow is so sweet! It's great to see you showered with gifts from the many (many!!) friends you've been so generous with! :D

AAFG looks great! Wish I were there this summer to see it IRL!!

Jenn said...

What a sweet little pillow. I"m going to have to look up the chart that Margaret sent you. I want to see a closer shot of the pattern. It looks so nice.

The apple tree in AAFG is so cute. I like the tee that circles the the verse. I didnt' seem to notice what you'd done of it till today.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a lovely gift!

I love looking at your flower pictures - you've inspired me to go out and take more pictures of flowers (unfortunately, mine aren't in my garden, as I don't have a garden!)

Carla said...

Cute pillow!
AAFG is looking great!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

AAFG looks fantastic. So many unique trees.

You are very welcome for the chart. I am glad you liked it:)

stitcherw said...

Lovely gifts, and forest is looking great too. I enjoy looking at all the little motifs hidden in this, the little fox is still my favorite.

Your flower is so pretty. We finally got some rain last night, and may get a little more today, so hopefully things will green up a little here.
Sue

Valentina said...

Hi Carol!
This is the first time I leave a comment on your blog even though I've been reading it since many months.
I just have to say that all your works are really beautiful! I hope one day I'll be able to stitch as well as you do.
Today I opened my blog on blogger and I was searching for a template when I came across one that made me think of you at once, since it features an image of a lily, I found it here:
http://freeskins.blogspot.com/
Hope you like it. Please forgive my poor English, I'm still learning it.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely items for a lovely lady.
AAFG is stunning too!

Cheryl said...

Lovely gifts, the pillow especially!
AAFG is looking great

Dani - tkdchick said...

How cool I can see the snake!

Anonymous said...

How lovely! And how coul you refuse cat lap time? Especially when they give you the hurt look and the little tiny "meow?" :)

Kitty Couture said...

Thank you so much Carol :)

Kathy said...

The forest is growing so nicely. I am still amazed by how much stitching you get done. You are so fast and good.