Saturday, August 25, 2007

A gift and an exchange

No forest tonight. I need to spend time working away on exchanges. I fell behind the eight ball earlier this month with my finishing boo boo, so now I am busily getting my Redwork Exchange started, and still have the Quaker Alphabet one to do too.

However, Heidi has finally received my little birthday gift for her. It took a little while to get to her because I had her old address. Oops!!!

Quaker Series Fob

Whimsey & Wit

Silkweaver Solo Belfast Linen, GAST - Currant


And, I recently joined Crazy Exchange, which is primarily European stitchers, and is quite fun - pick anyone you want from the list and stitch a little something. That person will then stitch or make you something within a month. I chose Anke in The Netherlands as my first person (I like her name), and today she received this:

Violette de Parme Fob

Reflets de Soie

Taupe Cashel Linen and DMC Floss


And Anke's initials centered on the back...


Thank you all for kind words on my exchange for Myrna. I really appreciate them! It was my second ever mattress pincushion. This time I used a much stiffer fusible interfacing, and I really like how it worked out. It made the cashel very stiff and really gave the mattress a nice firm effect.

Stitched on today: Started Redwork Exchange project ***Sent off What's The Buzz Exchange today

19 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, you have been a fob stitching queen lately! They look amazing:)

Kitty Couture said...

That is a fun exchange, and both fobs are quite lovely. You are so creative with your fobs!! Each of them so different. (I love the one you made me, with the Margaret Sherry kitty!)

Anonymous said...

You are an expert in fobs as I can see. What a wonderful idea to add "laugh" on the fob. What a great reminder each time ;-) Ann.

Anonymous said...

Lovely gifts. That exchange sounds like great fun.

Casa Pearl said...

Both fobs are lovely Carol! I hope you are staying cool this weekend. Patti

Jenn said...

Both fobs are so sweet. I love the Laugh charm on Heidi's.

Shelleen said...

Your scissor fob is beautiful. I wish I knew how to finish them like that. I would make one for every month LOL.

Carla said...

Lovely fobs Carol!!!

staci said...

I always enjoy seeing what new fobs you've created :) I really like the charms you add--where do you find them? Sounds like you've joined a very fun new exchange.

Wendy said...

Your fobs are always such a delight to see, Carol!

Susimac said...

Both fobs are really lovely. - Great great gifts.

Rachael said...

Carol- I had a mail from you last week and I replied , but now haven't heard from you again. I have no idea if my emails are getting through. If you haven't received my mail can you leave a comment on my blog so that I know I will have to get this fixed. Whatever it is.

Dawn T. said...

Your fobs are gorgeous, Carol! Great job:)

Annemarie said...

Lovely gifts, Carol, both of them. I don't know Anke. I think I'll go and hop over to the Crazy Exchange site and have a look around!

stitcherw said...

Both fobs look lovely. Good luck on getting caught up on everything.
Sue

Sally said...

Beautiful fobs Carol.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love that fob you did for Heidi!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really fun exchange! I love the smalls!

Sharon said...

Great fobs! Neat idea-this crazy exchange.