Thursday, August 09, 2007

My First Mattress Pincushion

OK, my mattress pincushion was received by Deb today, so now I can show it. Deb has been ill for a few weeks and is recovering now - these are my get well flowers for her. It's my first, so it is rather basic - I have seen many that have the edge embellished with pins or with ribbon.... I was just feeling that I would be lucky to get it firm and finished off well. I think I did OK :-)

Flowers for my Friend

Elizabeth's Designs

Sand Cashel Linen, DMC Floss, Weeks Dye Works Floss

Last night I had mentioned that I had received an amazing box of gifts from dear Karen - I unpacked it all tonight to show it. I am overwhelmed by all of this. Karen made me the cutest bag that will, of course, be used to store a small project. She also made me a felted pin and her husband, Bren, made me a pretty silver bracelet! On top of all of that, she also sent me (gulp) Just Nan's Lady Scarlet's Secret Garden, two Long Dog and one Papillion Creations chart, and a fat quarter of pretty Kiwi Antiques linen! Oh Karen, you went over the top and really spoiled me! Thank you - {{{hugs}}}!!! And, she also enclosed Bine's round robin in the box, so I am good to go with that too ;-)
Speaking of round robins, no Dawn tonight. I know that An is really looking forward to getting her round robin home soon. So, I went right back to work on it again tonight for her. She has been having a rough go of it lately, and I want to cheer her up and get this home to her! I am going to leave my grass above the sun, as it looks OK... I have noticed it lines up well with Dianne's house on the right, so all will be well. And, Becky has let me know that she has received my RR from Su - Becky is stitching an empty block for me because a stitcher had dropped out of our group at the start. Thanks Becky!!!! Please, no rush! Thanks :-)

Stitched on today: Mermaid and the Sea, started a gift, and Annemarie's Neighborhood Round Robin

32 comments:

Iris said...

your matras pincushion looks great !!!

Judith said...

Your Mattress looks beautifull. By the way I also love the rotary cutter.

Marita said...

The mattress pincushion turned out really well. Good job!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job of your first mattress Carol - congratulations!

Arthemise said...

Wow, what a HUGE gift! And your mattress does look good. I haven't tried one yet.

Solstitches said...

The mattress pincushion is very pretty. I need to try one of these.
What a happy mail day you had with such lovely gifts.
I really love that cute liitle bag.

Nicki said...

The mattress looks lovely and I saw that Deb loves it :) And what amazing gifts from Karen - what a wonderful friend!

Kitty Couture said...

Lovely mattress and such a great package you sent to Deb!!

Annemarie said...

Oooh, got to have a go at the mattresses myself. Go to the mattresses!

The package you received from Karen is lurvely! I still love my RR!

Jenn said...

You did a great job on your mattress pincushion. You got some great things from Karen. I'm green with envy over the ladybug piece. I've been eyeing that for a while now.

Sherry said...

What a wonderful job on the pin cushion!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Wow, lots of treats for the eyes here the past few days and weeks, but today takes the cake! Love the gift you got from Karen...WOW!
And your Mattress pincushion...Whoa! and An's RR...SWEET!
everything is....GREAT!

Lynn said...

You did a great job on the mattress pincushion. It's very pretty.

Michelle said...

Beautiful! What an asccomplishment! The gifts from Karen are amazing!

Hazel said...

Great mattress and well done for learning a new technique. Wow you got the Just Nan Lady scarlett!!!!!!!! I am in shock. This is a special gift as they are so hard to get hold of. Lucky you. xx

Kathy said...

The Matress pin cushion looks great Carol.

You'll have that RR done in no time at all, it looks great.

Hugs

Lennu said...

Oh your mattress pincushion is beautiful! Great job. RR looks so pretty too and you've received a wonderful gift!

Edgar said...

That is a great mattress pincushion!!! The RR is coming along nicely and what a great box of goodies!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like your mattress pincushion turned out perfectly. :) I love the monkey that you put on An's RR. Too cute! And the gifts from Karen are wonderful. I'm so glad that she was able to spoil you so thoroughly. *hug*

Wendy said...

Wonderful job on your mattress cushion! And what a great stash of gifties you received too!!

Sally said...

Your matress pinkeep for Deb is gorgeous:)

What a lovely package too:)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I can't help but comment on the monkey again... It just cracks me up every time I see it :)

Sharon said...

Carol, it looks fabulous! You are receiving some awesome gifts. I love the little pillow on your previous post. Great charts from Karen! Which Papillion chart did you get?

stitcherw said...

Your mattress pincushion turned out wonderful, and what a lovely package of goodies you got from Karen. The Lady Scarlet is so cute, I'll bet it is adorable done up.

Great progress on your RR, you're almost done. The little monkey is perfect. :)
Sue

Anita said...

Great stitching and finishing on the mattress pincushion. Wow, I love the gifts that Karen sent.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a beautiful pincushion - I'm sure that Deb will love it!

You received some lovely gifts from Karen!

Carla said...

Great job on your first matress pincushion...it looks great!

Kalu V said...

ths pincushion looks great! I love the design

lena-lou said...

Carol your mattress has turned out just perfect with a great shape. I don't always think they need the pins, I liked the one I have done without them best.
Have a nice weekend!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What a great piece! Congrats on your first pincushion mattress.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your first matress pincushion!

Meari said...

Congrats on mattress pincushion. It turned out nice. Fantastic gifties!!