Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Not there yet...

I am so relieved that at long last my little birthday gift for Kathy has arrived safe and sound in Canada!! Her birthday was a few days ago, but the post just could not get this to her in time. Kathy is such a sweetie, and I really was getting a little nervous about this one!

Nature's Alphabet "K" Fob

Elizabeth's Designs

Silkweaver Belfast Solo Linen, DMC Floss


I went right back to working on An's Neighborhood Round Robin tonight - Mermaid Heaven is waiting for me, but this is a real priority right now. Not quite done yet... I did get the second monkey stitched. Melissa, I also noticed that the two monkeys appear to be different colors in the photo on the chart.... but after also thinking about it for a bit, I did end up stitching them both with DMC 3790, as charted. I used the two different browns on the steps, but you cannot even tell. In the chart photo, they are dramatically different. Go figure - LOL!!! I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with yours. Meanwhile, An, I hope this is on its way home to you by the end of the week!

Stitched on today: Seasonal Exchangers project, and Annemarie's Neighborhood Round Robin

21 comments:

Marita said...

The neighbourhood round robin house is looking great. I love the monkeys.

Very pretty scissors fob.

Anonymous said...

You're almost done with the RR tonight. Way to go. Ann.

Jenn said...

Those monkeys look like they are about to be up to no good Carol. :)

Sherry said...

The RR is looking great! Both monkeys are adorable! What a lovely gift!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A lovely RR...love those Monkeys and I know An will love them too :)
Your fobs as always are GORGEOUS!

Mindi said...

What a sweet and adorable fob, its fantastic. I just love those monkies, you have to wonder if they're planning on TPing one of the trees in a neighboring block.

Kajsa said...

The fob is just so cute! I love how your latest RR is turning out, very cute design.

Stephanie said...

An's RR is looking gorgeous - I do love the monkeys :) Your Victorian Quaker sampler looks wonderful - I've just started the pinkeep - it's very very very tiny stitching! Look forward to your progress.

staci said...

Another beautiful fob, well done! Doesn't mail to Canada seem to take an extraordinary amount of time? Those monkeys are just too darn cute!

staci said...

Another beautiful fob, well done! Doesn't mail to Canada seem to take an extraordinary amount of time? Those monkeys are just too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

YOur fob is gorgeous!

Lennu said...

Another gorgeous fob, these are always beautiful! Your WIPs look great too, I just love the Victoria's Quaker, it's a wonderful design. Oh and the monkeys are so cute :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I love the RR piece. What is her theme? The monkey's and peacock are so cute!

Nicola said...

I just love your scissor fobs Carol. The RR is looking really good too.

Michelle said...

Oh, it's beautiful! I love those monkeys!! Almost done, it looks like. She will love it.

Margie said...

I love those monkeys! It's looking so good.

Von said...

An's going to love the monkeys! :D

All your projects are coming along so beautifully, Carol, and I'm in awe of all the scissor fobs you've made!!

stitcherw said...

It's so cute, and the monkeys add a perfect touch. You're so close to being done, I'll bet you will have it finished by this weekend.
Sue

Valentina said...

Just another lovely fob! And great progress on the RR too! I'am amazed at the amount of stitch you can manage!

Anonymous said...

I am totally falling in love with the Elizabeth's Designs nature alphabet. Another gorgeous fob! :) I haven't forgotten about my PIF gifts for you, either. Just need to find some time to work on it.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I saw Kathy's fob in person this weekend it was stunning!