Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ready to Go!


I finished Annemarie's Neighborhood Round Robin tonight! Yay!!!! Dawn had to wait for another week - or maybe until tomorrow night, actually... hmmm.... Anyhow, I am thrilled to announce to An that her treasured RR is heading home tomorrow! I packed it back up in the envelope it has clearly been traveling in for some time now - it looks like an envelope from Dianne - very purple - LOL! Mike will bring it to the post office tomorrow and send it on its merry way. I had great fun stitching this, and I really love how the little owl turned out :-)

And, for those who are curious, here is how An's entire RR looks right now. Her theme, since some have asked, is for each of us to add something quirky to our blocks. Clearly I chose monkeys as my quirky touch - if you look closely enough, you will see that the entire group showed a good sense of humor. An says her block, which she will finish now that it is home, will have an elf in it - I cannot wait to see that! And she is going to add the stitchers' names and details in the upper two corners. OK, time to say good bye to this and send it home.

Helen has received my little birthday token today. It arrived late, but not terribly late, and an extended birthday is always fun! A few of my gifts are arriving late this month - what a month it has been for me stitching-wise! Anyhow, I digress. I must say I was utterly intimidated to stitch for Helen! Her finishing just blows me away. So, silly me, I tried a different finishing style for this fob - the one Cynthia Zittel used on the chart, rather than the whipstitching I usually like and much prefer. I was very nervous about this, but Helen did a wonderful job of soothing and reassuring me - thank you Helen!! So, here it is:

Spring Scissors Keeper

The Drawn Thread

40 ct White Linen, Needle Necessities and DMC Floss


OK, now I have to say - I read several blogs today at work, but could comment very little. I was one handed at all times - eating my Cranberry Walnut Chicken salad with one hand while reading, scrolling... and then writing treatment progress notes with one hand while reading, scrolling.... And, for the next few weeks, it will only get worse. I have a huge project at work that I learned about today - from now until September 18th, I have so much to do at my office that I fear my blog reading will have to be primarily done at home (which is my stitching time). I hope nobody feels I am ignoring them. I will be reading as much as I can - you know, doing the one handed thing like I did today! (I wonder how many progress notes that I wrote have some comment about stitching in them by mistake/distraction??).

Stitched on today: Seasonal Exchangers project, started Crazy Exchange project, and Annemarie's Neighborhood Round Robin

31 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats on more finishes. Your are so good to blog almost everyday. When I go to Google Reader, I can almost always count on a new post from you. Enjoy reading all about your stitching and your life. When I read about your work projects, it makes me feel thankfun that I don't have to face that any more. Good luck with your big work project.

Anonymous said...

An's RR is fabulous!! I love those funny monkeys... :o) I hope I get to see them IRL soon!! Don't work too hard!!

Judith said...

The RR looks great.
I just love what you are ding to the bloggers all over the world sending them a little handmade gift. How many have you made at the end of a year sending gifts out?

Lennu said...

Congratulations, the RR looks great. The monkeys are so cute, they make me smile everytime when I see them in your blog :) The fob is wonderful, as always!

ollie1976 said...

Your square looks great.
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Annemarie's RR looks great - very colourful and quirky :)

Cheryl said...

The RR looks great!
Another gorgeous fob, just seen it on Helen's blog.
Good luck with your big work project

Arthemise said...

The RR looks great! Neat little monkeys, and I agree, the owl is wonderful! Love the fob--I like the finishing style of the Drawn Thread fobs, though whip stitching is easier.

Stephanie said...

The RR looks great - An is lucky to having this winging its way back to her! Well done on Helen's fob - I once tried to finish one of those fobs as instructed, but it didn't really work out for me - you've done a lovely job. Always good to try something new :)

Sherry said...

The RR looks wonderful! She will be so thrilled to have it back home! Thank you for showing it all. I have loved watching the progress of this RR since I love things with houses!

Annemarie said...

Snort, I can just picture you frantically browsing blogs...

The reason I'm here, of course, is to tell you that you've done a fabulous job on my RR. I LVOE the monkeys, and the owl... ahem, I must admit I didn't notice the owl until you mentioned it, but I think it's a perfect touch. Especially because there's now a pair of owls on my RR, and I might want to add a little brood of owls of my own. I might even do a border after all, and stitch all of your names in there and add one or two little houses myself. What an inspiring neighbourhood this is! Thanks for your lovely work, Carol. I'm glad you're one of my neighbours!

Unknown said...

What a cool RR!

lena-lou said...

Your RR Block for Annemarie is great the whole thing is looking wonderful :)
Many thanks again for the fob you sent me it is really pretty and as I told you I like the finish you did :)) Hope Mike has got the ear glued back on the crystal cat I sent you for your birthday??
Enjoy your weekend Carol !

Jenn said...

An's RR Square came out great Carol! I love the monkys and I agree with you the owl came out great.

Good luck with your project for work.

Cathy said...

I'm lovin' the monkeys.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

An's RR is fabulous :) I love the little owl in the corner :)

And of course Helen's fob is divine!

Valentina said...

Wonderful RR! And the fob is so lovely! Congratulations, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, this RR is awesome! Gorgeous fob too :)

staci said...

Great job on your block, the entire RR looks wonderful!!! And your fob is gorgeous as always :)

Edgar said...

What great finishes!!!! The RR is just fabulous, the monkeys and owl are super touches!!!! Your fob as always is perfection!

Michelle said...

I LOVE An's RR - it turned out so great. The owl is fabulous too! The fob for Helen is a beauty.

Sally said...

An's RR is wonderful!

The fob for Helen is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Perfect fob and I love An's round robin. It turned out beautifully! I'm just afraid to enter one of these, even though the neighborhoods turned out wonderfully each time. I just don't have any house charts to use!

Anonymous said...

An's NRR turned out charming! Thanks for sharing the 'almost' finished piece too. Seems An has more in store for her NRR.
I bet Helen loved the lovely fob.

Anonymous said...

The RR is fabulous - I am really enjoying seeing them all come to life :)

Lynn said...

Your RR is wonderful! Wherever did you find those cute monkeys? I love them! The owl was a nice touch too. I'm amazed you have time to blog every day with all the stitching that you do. Hope work doesn't tie you up too much.

Sharon said...

Your RR finish is just great-I love the little monkey's. Love the fob for Helen-it's lovely. Try not to work to0 hard.

stitcherw said...

Your square turned out wonderful, the monkeys were the perfect quirky touch, although I can't wait to see how an elf fits in. The whole piece fits together so wonderfully well, I always enjoy see the RR's develop. Sorry work is so busy lately. Hope it settles down for you soon.
Sue

Aussie Stitcher said...

LOL I can just picture you doing this.

Joanne

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol that RR is wonderful and the fob is just beautiful!

Lelia said...

What an outstanding RR - love your contribution. Overall, it is quite impressive.

And another fob, too -- Carol, you just rock : )