Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Secret Stitching

I am blogging early tonight because I am going to be doing some secret stitching tonight - finish a birthday gift and hopefully also work on my What's The Buzz Exchange. I can share this, though. I just realized tonight that Leslie received her little birthday gift from me already. Since I have not been able to get to blogs often, I totally missed that she received it, apparently, on her actual birthday on Monday!! Yay!

Happy Birthday Fob

Brightneedle

40 ct Lambswool Linen, DMC Floss


Mike has a question for some of you... we know that several of you own online needlework shops and shops of other sorts. Mike is setting up a shop, and he wants to know if anyone can help him with getting a "shopping cart" - he is looking for one that is easy to use. Any recommendations would be so appreciated!! Thanks so much!

And, if you are in mood for a giggle and a smile, I have something for you:

This sweet (but not shy) little girl is a cancer patient. Last Friday, the Red Sox hosted a telethon for the Jimmy Fund (for cancer research). They played a double header (two games) on Friday, and in between games they had this little girl visiting with some of on the on-air talent. Check her out! She will give you her very best Boston accent at the end of this short video - LOL!! Best wishes Lexy! You are too, too cute!

Stitched on today: Stitched a gift, and What's The Buzz Exchange project

23 comments:

Jeanne said...

Carol - you can get a shopping cart pretty easily through Paypal. I would check into it at least to see what is offered - at least to get you up and running as I think it's fairly economical.

Sherry said...

What a great gift! She will definitely enjoy it!

I don't have a business but do shop online. Personally I don't use Paypal and prefer a cart that allows me several secure choices in payment methods.

Annie Beez said...

I've had a Paypal shopping cart on my website for 5 years and have been very happy with it.

Dawn T. said...

The fob is beautiful!

Lennu said...

The fob is very beautiful, it's a lovely gift! I've e-mailed you about the shopping cart :)

ollie1976 said...

Beautiful fob!
-Jen

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Beautiful fob, Carol!

We watched the last game but didn't see her - how CUTE. Thanks for posting the video and giving me a smile this morning.
Tanya

Stephanie said...

It's a lovely fob Carol!

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, I've recently created a site for someone using shop-script software. You can get a free version but it doesn't have payment processing, the 175? dollar version comes with a bunch of payment processing built in as well as a lot of nice features.

It's easy to customize as well. If I had to make a choice I guess it would be this one.

Kitty Couture said...

That is such a lovely gift for Leslie. :)

staci said...

Another adorable fob :) That little girl is sooo cute, what a personality!

Carla said...

taht little girl is so cute!!!

Unknown said...

What a pretty little bday fob. That reminds me I need to go check our mail tomorrow, I haven't checked it all week.

Sally said...

Beautiful fob Carol.

Sharon said...

Lovely fob! Lexy is too cute and funny!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet!

Michelle said...

Cute fob!

Jenn said...

Lexy is a cutie. I didn't get to see her on Friday but, I did see the little boy who did the national nathum then ran the bases. Boy was In tears at the end of that that.

your fob is so cute.

Beatrice said...

Thanks for Sharing the yu tube clip with us . She is just toooo cute. Love the Accent.
I watched the game and didn't see that.
Love the Fob!!!

Lynn said...

That clip is just too cute! Thanks so much for sharing it.
I love your fob. You do such lovely work.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Love the little girl LOL. The fob is gorgeous.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

Lexi is just soooo cute.......and the Jimmy Fund and Make-A-Wish Foundation are the best charities to give to.....I love her accent......

Anonymous said...

Haveing worked with the two biggest e-commerce/storefront software packages available as freeware, I'd be happy to discuss some alternatives with Mike. Just give him my email address and have him write to me, if he's interested.