Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Victoria's Quaker


It's Victoria's Quaker night! I am already really loving this one - it is a pleasure to stitch. Gig was needy again tonight and I lost about 45 minutes of stitching time while he needed to be in my lap. I really prefer the colors that are shown on the cover of the chart so much more than the colors Vikki Clayton is now dyeing for this sampler, though. The silks are so much darker than in the photo. I know she had to switch how she dyes her silks due to bleeding problems, so it is understandable. But still, I like the cover colors better.

Thank you, Carissa, for this unbelievably generous birthday package that arrived today - she spoiled me so much - look at all the treats!!

Stitched on today: The Mermaid and the Sea (Barbara, I will post a photo as soon as I make enough progress worth showing - I still am doing this at work, so it is only in tiny bursts), started a gift, and Victoria's Quaker

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift off Carissa.

That's a lovely sampler :o)

Unknown said...

What a nice gift. :) I like your sampler too, it'll be neat to see how this progresses.

Anonymous said...

Your Quaker is looking lovely so far!

Lovely gifts from Carissa too.

Marita said...

Quaker sampler is looking good.

Anonymous said...

Are you using the dyed silks? Great gifts indeed. Ann.

mainely stitching said...

That's a wonderful gift - you'll have fun working on it, I'm sure! And your Quaker looks great, even if the colors seem a little darker. :) I'll look forward to seeing Mermaid & The Sea when you can post it. :D

Stephanie said...

I agree with you about the Quaker Sampler silks from Vikki, I thought they were very dark when mine came through. I haven't started it yet though, so am keen to see how yours progresses. Quickly, by the looks of it! Lovely gifts from Carissa!

wot said...

I just love your blog, we have similar taste in stitching. You got a wonderful gift and your stitching is so lovely!

ollie1976 said...

VQ looks great!
-Jen

Wendy said...

Lovely presents from Carissa! And Victoria's Quaker is off to a great start.

Cheryl said...

The quaker is off to a great start, will enjoy watching your progress

Sherry said...

The VQ sampler is looking beautiful! What wonderful gifts! Doesn't the day always seem a little better when the mailman brings a surprise!!

Katrina said...

What a wonderful gift! Love your Victoria Quaker too.

Karoline said...

Victoria's Quaker is looking lovely, nice progress

Edgar said...

VQ is really looking great!! and what a nice present of the AT chart silk and things.

Michelle said...

Your Quaker is looking lovely. What wonderful gifts from Carissa too - what a sweetie!

stitcherw said...

What a lovely gift, and your Quaker Sampler is looking wonderful. Although you mention you like the colors in the pattern's picture better, hopefully as you get further along maybe the difference between the picture colors and what you actually are using won't be as great.
Sue

Sherry said...

Where can I purchase VQ? I have looked around and can't find it! AGH!

Kajsa said...

What a lovely start! And what a nice gift, that chart will be fun to stitch!

Deb said...

Love to see you starting the Victoria Quaker, Carol! Thanks for showing this one. Carissa did spoil you with that package!! LOL

Hugs,
deb

Anonymous said...

VQ is lovely - I've ordered this one myself and will start it soon - just waiting on the chart and threads :) Will make nice recovery stitchign I suspect.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Carissa sent you a wonderful package. Your sampler is looking great.

Joanne

Sally said...

Victoria's Quaker is lovely so far. I look forward to seeing this one grow:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great progress and lovely gift!