Monday, October 22, 2007

Houses...


It's Monday... you know by now that means I worked on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow :-) But... I quit early tonight. I am going to use this time before bed now to see if I can finally catch up on some blogs ;-)

Staci (no blog) has invited me into a very fun World Series challenge today! She is a Rockies fan, and proposed that if the Rockies win, I stitch something for her. If the Red Sox win, she will stitch something for me. Since we are both good sports and are just plain old happy to have our teams participating, this will be huge fun! Thanks for the fun idea Staci!

Thank you for the nominations for the "You Make Me Smile" blog event :-) I am opting out only because I cannot come close to choosing ten blogs that make me smile. All of you do! I don't want to hurt any feelings.

I have to go to a wake after work tomorrow. I am feeling anxious because of who will be there... I feel like a little kid! LOL! Can't really say more :-)

Stitched on today: Stitched on Harvest Time Exchange project, and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow **Mailed out Erin's Neighborhood Round Robin, Fair and Square blocks to An, and a gift... also sent out daylily seeds to Harmien (finally!!)

25 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Your square is coming along beautifully! Love the colours.

Staci's challenge is really fun :)
Know what you mean about those "rockin girl" or "you make me smile" things... They're sweet, but how can we choose a limited number of people to pass it over to? :) I feel exactly like you do.

Hope everything goes well today.

mainely stitching said...

What a fun challenge you and Staci have going!

Christine said...

Great square !

Caroline said...

Hi Carol,
it's beautyfull. I'm glad I can reach your blog, put it on my blog to. greetings Caro (Netherlands)

Karen said...

Your square is looking good!!

Sally said...

Your square is coming along nicely Carol.

Sherry said...

What a fun challenge! Loving how HOHRH is coming along!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Definitely a fun baseball challenge!

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a fun idea from Staci.

Wakes are never fun. I hope everything goes ok.

Wendy said...

You are making great progress on HOHRH! Its really starting to take shape now.

staci said...

Love your progress on HOHRH. I'm excited about our challenge, I'm thinking it's making the world series even more fun-LOL!!!

Wakes can be quite difficult and emotional, sending you best wishes and lots of hugs :)

Lucy said...

I just LOVE that Hawk Run Hallow pattern!!!

Edgar said...

HOHRH is looking Great!!!

Carla said...

Nice progress!! I like how the black backgroud make the other colors stand out...very pretty!

Mary Ann said...

Wonderful progress! And, the challenge with Staci sounds like a lot of fun.

Hazel said...

Looks fab Carol. Those threads really make the difference. xx

Jenn said...

That sounds like a fun challenge between you and Staci! I'll have to find something to work on while the serices is on. :)

Anonymous said...

The background is really filling up!

Kalu V said...

hi!! HoHRH is looking great!

by the way you were given the You make me smile award in my blog =)

sugardoll said...

Ohh pretty. Almost done?! Exciting!

Kajsa said...

I really like this square! It's so dramatic with the black background.

Kathy A. said...

Nice job on HOHRH. Your challenge with Staci sounds like lots of fun. I'll bet your head is spinning with ideas already.

Dani - tkdchick said...

YOur houses are really looking great Carol!

Kathy said...

Love the houses. Now when I get the Village done, I am going to have to do the houses.

That challenge should be lots of fun.

I am still trying to get caught up on blog reading from the weekend.

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

What a fun World Series Challenge! Hope the RS win, of course. They are doing better well.

Tanya