Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Ornament Exchange & Stitcher's Lottery Piece


I had joined a Christmas Ornament Exchange a little while back, and had begun to think that I had also been forgotten in this group... but to my surprise, this lovely exchange arrived today from Cathy in Missouri. She stitched such a sweet ornament and also made this adorable scissor fob for me. There were also some interesting looking chocolates in the package, but Mike has already hidden those somewhere "for later." LOL. Thanks so much Cathy :-)

And, I finished off my project for the Cross Stitcher's Lottery today... I really love how it came out.

Peacock Treat Box

Praiseworthy Stitches

Silkweaver 32 ct Solo Lugana, Crescent Colours Floss

Finished on a dark stained wooden box for trinkets


I am now officially on vacation until January 2nd. It wasn't so bad to have to go to work this morning. Now, lots of stitching time! In fact, I am off to go work some more on the Frosty Friends Exchange :-)

I haven't done a Word Cloud in ages... I wonder what words from my blog will pop up this time!! Here goes....


Stitched on today: Finished Stitcher's Lottery project,

21 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol your box turned out beautifully! Lovely ornament!

Enjoy your time off from work!

Margaret said...

Sorry it has been so long since I visited Carol. Things have just been hectic around here and blogging & commenting were put on the back burner.
You have been stitching so many gorgeous things while I was away. The bee biscornu is so beautiful as is Peacock Treat. Vonna must have been thrilled with the Ho Ho Ho ornament.
Have a wonderful white Christmas (would love to have snow for this special day) and a Happy 2008.

Dani said...

Carol ... the box turned out great. It looks wonderful!

Becky K in OK said...

The ornament is wonderful and so is the box. Congrats on both.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely ornament Cathy stitched for you!

I love your Lottery piece. What a beautiful box.

I'm off now until 2nd too! Good feeling isn't it :o)

Susimac said...

Your box is lovely Carol.

Hope you enjoy your holiday time off, and get lots of stitching done.

Sharon said...

Oh my Carol your box is gorgeous! Great job. The ornament is lovely!

The Silver Thistle said...

Just popping by to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas!

Looking forward to hearing all your news in 2008!

Thanks for sharing all your stitchy ornaments. I'm envious, lol. I didn't manage even one little one this year...........I've got big plans for next year though, hahahah.

Karoline said...

Your box for the lottery is lovely Carol and so is the ornie.

Enjoy your holiday :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your stitchers lottery piece is gorgeous. You have certainly received alot of snow. We have had alot of rain lately, but not enough to break the drought unfortunately. Your wips are looking great, enjoying your progress on Serenity in particular, it is coming alone nicely. Sending you and your loved ones special christmas and new year wishes.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The ornament you received is lovely :)
And that Peacock treat box is SMASHING! Love it! There's gonna be some lucky person out there when they hit the "lotto"
:)

DaisyGirl said...

I need to start my Frosty Friends too! Merry Christmas to you!
Donna

Katrina said...

Everything is wonderful! Your lottery exchange piece is especially nice :-). Enjoy your time off work.

Simone said...

I'm glad your ornament arrived Carol!!! I've tried to sent you an email about it, but it kept coming back to me...

Karin said...

Your stitching is just gorgeous! The lottery winner will receive some beautiful prizes.

Kathy A. said...

What beautiful stitching both sent and received. Lucky Vonna! Wow, that's a lot of snow. We are going home for 18 days in January and I am thinking maybe it wasn't a good idea ALL THAT SNOW!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from my home to ours

Kathy

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous box, Carol - you did a great job!

The ornament and fob you received are really cute, too.

Sally said...

So pleased you received your ornament Carol. Mine arrived yesterday so I was very relieved as , like you, I was thinking I'd been forgotten.

The box for the stitcher's lottery is gorgeous.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Lennu said...

What a lovely box, it's such a pretty finish!

Kalu V said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ORNAMENT YOU RECEIVED! CONGRATS
AND YOUR BOX LOOKS GREAT!

Michelle said...

Your Stitcher's Lottery piece is gorgeous! I love it!