Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Eye of the Needle Exchange from Myrna

I received the USEBB Eye of the Needle Exchange from Myrna today. I did start to think that I had been forgotten in this exchange, but it came!
Myrna stitched a sweet needlebook for me. It is very roomy and I can put a pair of scissors in it. She used Lizzie Kate's latest design. I just love it! And the goodies are a treat - scissors that Myrna says are good for cutting metallic fibers, a fob to match the needlebook, hand dyed lugana, cotton fabric, buttons and some marking pins her sister made. How sweet! Thank you Myrna :-)

I heard from Natty today that she received my Christmas package for the Stitching Bloggers Birthday/Christmas Club. I was Natty's exchange partner this year - I also sent her a birthday package back in February. For Christmas, I stitched her an ornament and sent her a Passione Ricamo chart and a wax candle tart in a Christmasy fragrance (Natty likes those). Merry Christmas Natty!


Windows of Joy Ornament

Primrose Needleworks

The Gift of Stitching Magazine, December 2007

32 ct Driftwood Linen, GAST, DMC and Anchor Marlitt Floss


And for today's stitching.... Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. Not for too long, though. The silk was knotting up tonight. Probably the dry heat in our family room causing that. It is yet another snowy day here in New Hampshire, so the heat is turned on to keep us comfortable... the silk doesn't like it.

I have been happily able to grab moments here and there to read blogs, but have not been able to comment in them. After work tomorrow, I am off until January 2. I hope to get some blog reading/commenting in during my break! I didn't want my friends to think I am ignorning them. I have been getting many, many Christmas cards from so many of you - thank you! Mike and I are loving them :-)

Stitched on today: Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

8 comments:

Cathy B said...

Wonderful gifts, both sent and received! Hope you have a wonderful break from work!

sugardoll said...

What lovely gifts from your friends, and the ones you made too.

HOHRH, wow! I love all the blacks (fave color) =) It is looking great!

Mary said...

Both exchanges wonderful. How nice to have that many days away from work..enjoy!

Sally said...

Both exchanges are wonderful Carol. I think I've been forgotten in Simone's ornament exchange:( Have you received yours yet?

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Everything is looking good here Carol...love Myrna's EOTN exchange...good one! And your ornie to your partner is sweet! Love the back fabby. Good all around!!

Myrna said...

WOW... it took some time to get there... must have been the snow!

I'm glad you like it. I'm so sorry it was late.

Myrna :-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol I'm continuously amazed at how much you've given this year!

Sharon said...

What lovely exchanges! I love how Myrna finished the LK piece.