Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's All About Snow

I have a lot of snow to show you today. I wanted you to see that I am not just complaining about nothing here. Home again from work today... and you will see why! But... this is a stitching blog, so stitchng first!

I just heard from Vonna that she received a little Christmas package that I put together for her. I really wish I could have stitched for ALL of my stitching friends, but we all know that time would never allow for that! But, I did get something together for Vonna. Vonna has been a tremendous help to me - really, nothing short of being my right arm for me - with the Neighborhood Round Robins, and I really wanted to show my appreciation to her. And, Vonna has been the sweetest ear and dear friend to me all year long. Thank you Vonna - Merry Christmas, dear friend! (I chose Prairie Schooler as it is very obvious she loves PS as much as she loves LHN!... and it had to be a pinkeep ornament, as nobody loves pinkeeps more than Vonna does!)

Ho Ho Ho Santa Ornament

Prairie Schooler

32 ct Antique White Belfast Linen, DMC Floss


And, before I zip off now to start my SBEBB Frosty Friends exchange...

...here is what it looks like outside my front door as of only a few minutes ago... this is about 5 storms' worth of snow, but I think this whole snow thing is getting old already... and winter solstice does not even start until Saturday...

And, you can barely even see my mailbox - near upper center of the photo at the top of my driveway.. can you see my driveway? Mike is out there plowing now... (not in the photo).... the plow almost took the mailbox down today - it always gets knocked off by a plow at least once per winter.

And here is what a portion of my back porch looks like - this gives you a good guage of just how high the snow is!

How did Mike and I cope with this today? Well, since it has been snowing steadily since I drove home from work yesterday afternoon (24 hours ago)... I was not taking it on again today. Tomorrow was supposed to be the start of my holiday break, but if the roads and skies clear enough, I will work for a while tomorrow to make up for today... But, after a trip to the post office and out to breakfast, we went to the movies and saw I Am Legend. Mike likes snow days - you get stores and cinemas and such to yourselves. We were the only ones in the theater for I Am Legend :-)

Stitched on today: Started SBEBB Frosty Friends Exchange project

25 comments:

Carol R said...

Oh wow what a wonderful snowfall - I can't remember the last time we had snow! It's very cold here in the UK at the moment but dull and dreary.
Merry Christmas

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Wowzers...that's a whole lotta snow goin' on at your house!
It's pretty tho' :) I know not to drive in, shovel and general travel but...

and I love the pinkeep ornament and it is in a place of honor on our tree...right up front under the Angel's skirt...that way little Ellie won't confiscate it and take it to her doll house :(
I found her this morning with one of my Hallmark Santa's going "Open da door, open da door" On her doll house...NOT good for Mommy's 30 year old ornament.....

Katrina said...

Hi Carol, gee, that snow is amazing, I've never seen anything like it in my life, lol. Seems totally unreal that you're having that and we've been having a heatwave, lol.

The PS pinkeep is adorable, a lovely design.

Kendra said...

WOW! Now that's a lot of snow! Coming from someone in the rain-soaked Midwest who desperately misses snow...it's beautiful! I wish you could send some of it this way.

I completely understand about getting tired of it, though. When we lived up in the Lake Michigan snow zone, we got tired of it, too. Although we got it more in January and February than in December.

Georgie said...

I have never seen snow like that before! We don't get snow where I live. Well, just a little bit for one day a year, but nothing like that!

Dawn T. said...

The snow looks so pretty! You can send some my way:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snow pictures, Carol!

Your pinkeep for Vonna is lovely. She's such a sweetheart, and totally deserves it!

Anonymous said...

love the snow pictures... looks prettier than the stuff we got LOL

Sweet gift for Vonna :)

Von said...

Wow, my frosty friend! That's a lot of snow to clear off the driveway! We haven't had a snow like that in probably twenty years. But it's just a short drive to get to it if we want. :D

samplerlover said...

My goodness thats a lot of snow. It looks just how I imagine a snowy christmas would look. We have snow in Katoomba on the odd occasion during our winter. But nothing like you are having at the moment. I think it is a good excuse to sit in front of a nice warm fire and stitch away. Well for me any excuse will do.

By the way Vonna's pinkeep is lovely. As usual you have done an outstanding job.

I hope you and Mike have a lovely Christmas amongst all that snow. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to now. - Take care - Sandra.

Anonymous said...

Eek gads! That's a lot of snow. It's a pain and so pretty too. The plow usually gets our mailbox too. Here in se PA, we see the occasional storm, but we've had doozies too.
I love the Santa pin keep for Von! She is a sweetheart through and through.
Can you email me sometime soon?

Unknown said...

Pretty ornie! And wow thats a lot of snow! We got about 1/4 an inch last night.

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr...it looks really cold there! The only time I've ever seen snow like that was skiing in the Alps! lol

Carmen said...

Heavy snow!, But precious, it is so beautiful snow, it is bad when you have to leave home. Here the snow had frozen, so we have to walk with care so as not to fall, I prefer the snow when you can tread on it, the holidays begin today in the school my daughter and my job, so that we can stay at home warm , without suffering the cold in the morning.

The pinkeep is precious, congratulations.

Sally said...

The pinkeep ornament you sent Vonna is gorgeous.

Oh wow how I wish we had snow over here. We rarely get snow now and Winter isn't the same without it.

Myrna said...

Hi Carol,

That's a darling pinkeep ornament! You are so clever with your finishing...

And, your snow is beautiful, but, I understand the part about 'enough, already!' LOL

Have a great Holiday

Concetta said...

Oh Carol, what a beautiful ornament for Vonna!

Merry Christmas to you & Mike!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous ornie from Vonna.

Lovely snow photos

Andrea said...

Beautiful snow pictures. Not nice if you have to get around in it though.

Your pinkeep for Vonna is a lovely gift.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, thanks for the e-card, it was lovely to hear from you. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all good wishes for 2008. Stay warm!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yup Carol, that's a lot of snow... I feel your pain since I've gotten so much of it myself! I love days like that becuase I just stay in and stitch!

You made a lovely little giftie for Vonna!

valerie said...

Wow...all the snow and the bare trees look so pretty. Makes me wish I was there but we don't get snow in San Francisco and I'd probably freeze my arse off in 30 seconds and want to head back inside! Thanks for sharing the view from your house. =)

Dani said...

Lots of snow :) ... I love the ornament that you stitched for Vonna ... it turned out really well.

Sharon said...

Great ornament! I love seeing your snow picures-it's so pretty. But, I wouldn't know how to behave in it-lol!

Michelle said...

I love the ornament you stitched for Vonna - what a perfect choice! So much snow! I don't think I've ever seen so much snow.