Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Still Christmas


It's still Christmas here (including more snow today). I received this lovely parcel from dear Karen this morning. She made me some sweet rag dolls, and I just love them! She also made a wreath of cut fabrics, plus sent me some cute Mill Hill Kits, a nice cut of R&R Reproductions linen... and some stunning charts! She sent me Long Dog Samplers Scarlet Ribands, and an amazing quaker chart by Monasterium that she just knew I had been eyeing! Aw, thank you Karen! We both are sending our packages in two parts this year - this is part one, she says there is more! I was busy doing many things today, including trying to get a message board set up for the Hooked on Exchanging group. This group is (happily) growing every day, and it will be too difficult to maintain in a blog... so keep an eye out, I have new things for the group! But I did find some time for Houses of Hawk Run Hollow too. It is hard to see, but I finished the fence today - just some night sky left now for this block.

Several asked about Mike's car - aw, thanks for asking! LOL. He had to bring the Corvette in for new tires before putting the car into storage, and the garage monkey ruined all four of his pricey rims when changing the tires. The dealership is going to refurbish them for us, or replace them if they cannot be refurbished. Unfortunately, this means the Corvette still won't be going into storage and is taking up space in our garage that the new Jeep needs. Sigh. Oh well.

Stitched on today: Finished F&S squares for Laura, started a PIF gift, and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

11 comments:

Judith said...

Your are really spoiled by Karen and wow even getting more from her. Your house will be beautifull too.

Cheryl said...

Such great gifts you have received! I love those charts. Never seen your hooked on exchanging blog before. Will keep an eye on it and might join at some point. Looks fun :)

mainely stitching said...

That's an incredible gift packet from Karen - WOW!!!

staci said...

What a wonderful goodies!!! Those dolls are adorable! Hope the corvette gets fixed soon {hugs}

Andrea said...

You've still been a busy bee over Christmas haven't you! Wonderful gifts from Karen.

stitcherw said...

What a lovely gift to receive, and you HOHRH is coming along nicely too, that square will be done soon. Sorry to hear about the wheels on the car, that would be so frustrating to have that happen when you have it somewhere they should know what they are doing. Hope they get it fixed quick so that you can have the garage back to put the jeep into. With winter here having a garage so you don't have to scrape is so nice.
Sue

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift you received from Karen!

I'm sorry that the rims were damaged at the shop. Before we had our DS, my DH owned a Corvette (the 40th anniversary edition), and that was his baby, so I know how your DH must feel!

DaisyGirl said...

I'll have to join your hooked on exchanging group! Since the SBEBB will no longer be continuing if I'm understanding the messages. I'm sorry that her group will be ending! I just got started exchanging and I love it! It's neat to keep getting presents in the mail! Sorry about the car issue! Hang in there!
Donna

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol, another lovely parcel!

You've worked so long and hard on this block I bet you'll be glad to get it finished and move onto the next one!

Meari said...

What great gifts, Carol. :)

Michelle said...

Glad the Corvette will be taken care of soon. Love the gifts! Your HOHRH is looking amazing - so pretty!