Monday, December 10, 2007

Rabbit's Big Day Exchanges

I am off to go finish up a gift tonight, and maybe start some other secret stitching... so much to do! But I have some things to show before I go disappear into that secret world :-)

I received a lovely Rabbit's Big Day Exchange today from Marika!
Marika stitched a needlebook and matching fob (so wee!) that are just beautiful! I think they are by Homespun Elegance. And she sent me so many goodies too! She sent me a pretty Finnish Christmas towel, some linen and linen banding, pretty red floss, beautiful charts by Isabelle Vautier and Periphaeria Designs, a sweet note pad by Muriel Brunet, a cute book of needles with a wee chart.... and even matches from Finland! Aw, thanks! I will cherish this forever!

And... today Andrea also received the Rabbit's Big Day Exchange that I sent to her. Perfect timing!

Petits Lapins (Little Rabbits)

Tournicoton

36 ct Light Sand Edinburgh Linen

Converted from Gloriana Silks to Crescent Colours Floss


Above is a photo of the entire exchange. I did nick this photo from Andrea's blog. I hope she doesn't mind. The photo I had taken was a bit dark. I am so glad that Andrea likes her gifts :-)

Mike wants you all to know that he has received some requests to start carrying certain items in his online store - he is more than welcome to do that for you. Please let me know if there is anything you would like him to carry. Suzanne asked for Q-Snaps. Mike will happily stock all but the 17" ones. He learned via ebay that shipping those was a nightmare. There is no reasonable way to ship an item that large :-(

Stitched on today: Finished a gift, started a gift **Mailed out two gifts today

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces, both given and received!

Becky K in OK said...

Both exchanges are just great. Congrats.

Mary said...

Both just lovely!

mainely stitching said...

What awesome timing for the bunny exchanges! I love both the one you made and the one you received - what talent! :D And the theme is just great - who can resist a rabbit??

Kitty Couture said...

Beautiful exchanges, both of them! :)

Stephanie said...

Two really lovely exchanges - I do love Tournicoton designs, and the rabbit one you've stitched is great. Congratulations to you both :)

Wendy said...

Great bunny exchange pieces and lovely gifts to go along with them!

Sally said...

Both exchanges are fantastic Carol!

Katrina said...

Everything is beautiful. Love the exchanges.

Karoline said...

Both exchanges are gorgeous, congratulations

Kajsa said...

That looks like a wonderful exchange! How cute with a bunny exchang, that's a new one for me.

Carla said...

Both exchanges are beautiful!

Annemarie said...

Oooh, lovely bunny-filled post, Carol :o)

Meari said...

What a great exchange!

Kathy A. said...

I love the bunny exchanges. What a great idea! The rest of the exchanges were top drawer too.

Shelleen said...

I love your exchanges. I have 2 needlebooks that I love and would love one for each month. Now I need to learn how to sew one together.

Suzanne said...

Love the bunny exchange pieces!! Suz

moomoo said...

Love both the exchange pieces. Each is beautiful in their own ways.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol, beautiful gifts sent and received! I love that Vauthier Chart your recieved!

Michelle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the piece you stitched - what a gorgeous piece! Both exchanges are beautiful! I ordered some 17" q-snaps from Jenna and it did require a LONG mailer.