Saturday, February 09, 2008

A... B... C...


It's a snowy day week here, and after running errands in the morning, I was able to settle in and work on a gift (which is not finished yet, but I really want to mail it on Monday...) and got the partner names sent out for the HoE Biscornu Exchange... then settled in to watch NASCAR's Budweiser Shootout (another lousy night for Ryan Newman) and some movies while I stitched the alphabet on Be Kind and True. I am not sure I like the letters that are stitched in vertical stitches, as the coverage is not great. But I am sure they will be fine in th end. I couldn't wait for time to start this again today :-)

My stitching companion for the evening has been Miss Lily. She adores Mike, and spends all the time she can with him. But he went into the other room to program, and she "settled" for being with me tonight :-)

Stitched on today: Stitched on a gift, and Be Kind and True

11 comments:

Annemarie said...

Carol, I love this piece, including the alphabet. I think the vertical stitches look great. Sometimes I worry about coverage too, but really, you only notice a *lack* of coverage if you have your nose pressed to the piece. Which you won't do once it's finished and framed. At least, I hope you don't...

Nicki said...

Gosh, you're speeding through Be Kind and True! Looking lovely :)

Carol R said...

Be Kind and True is coming along great. And wouldn't I like to snuggle up with Miss Lily - she is adorable!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that piece is stitching up quickly!

Cathy B said...

Be Kind and True - what a beautiful piece.

Snowy and cold here too. 60 degrees warmer where I'm going. Can't wait.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, Carol you really are flying through this piece. It is so pretty.

Lily is just like Cooper. He loves Allen, but every once in a while if he is desperate he will hang out with me.

mainely stitching said...

Be Kind and True looks awesome!! :D I hope you got in plenty of stitching time today. :)

Carla said...

You're stitching this piece so fast!! Looks fantastic!

stitcherw said...

Be Kind is looking lovely, nice progress. Miss Lily looks like she is very comfy being your stitching companion too. I'm so sorry to hear about your collegue, what a scary thing to happen. I'm glad that working on this design is helping to bring you a little peace.
Sue

Anonymous said...

I think BK&T is looking great too - the alphabet looks very interesting with all the different stitches. I wasn't that fussed about this design before I saw your WIP, but I'm liking it more and more :) You're making great progress!

Lynn said...

Wow,you're really making incredible progress on Be Kind and True! It looks great!
Lily is a real beauty. She can cuddle up next to me anytime.