Saturday, February 16, 2008

Improved Sampler

I noticed late last night while I was finishing Be Kind and True that the lower right corner of the chart is probably wrong... the rhythm of the pattern of the border suddenly changed. At first, I went with it. Then I tried to adjust it but was not focused well... Today, I pulled out the bottom right corner, used the front of the chart as my guide (the model stitcher must have seen the mistake too)... and now my sampler is fixed and correct... Here it is!

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on this sampler. The linen is the called for linen - and yes, it is super pretty. Someone asked what will be next... I do have a small-medium sized sampler selected to start next... just waiting for the linen to arrive ;-)

So, where was I before I got sidetracked and started Be Kind and True? Ah yes - Houses of Hawk Run Hollow has not been out since February 1st - welcome back :-)

Stitched on today: Stitched a gift, fixed/finished Be Kind and True, and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

14 comments:

Yuko said...

They both are very very beautiful, Carol!
I love the design Be kind and True and have it as well!
And also your HOHRH looks wonderful!
I'm very slow stitching this, am working on the thrid house at the moment!

Karoline said...

HoHRH is looking gorgeous Carol, nice progress

staci said...

Be kind is just gorgeous Carol, beautiful stitching!!!

Annemarie said...

Clever girl, Carol. I hadn't noticed :o)
Love this block on HoHRH! It's the cow, I think.

Shelleen said...

they are so beautiful. great stitching on them

Julie said...

Great finish! I really like that one. You are making good progress on HoHRH too!

mainely stitching said...

Nice to see HoHRH again, Carol. And I'm glad you got the border on the BBD sorted out to your satisfaction. ;)

Unknown said...

Your sampler looks great! Good for you, fixing it the way *you* like it. That kind of thing drives me nuts too!

Hazel said...

oh my you have finished it! i cant tell the difference between the two. i cant see the mistake. xx

Von said...

Congrats on finishing BKaT! I think you were wise to work on a medium-sized project along with all your fabulous fobs, pinkeeps, and large designs. :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Welcome back Houses!!!

Kathy A. said...

Your work is stunning Carol. With being away and offline due to a computer glitch I had not checked out your blog in a while. Your gifts both sent and received are beautiful. It is easy to tell that you are well thought of in the stitching world.

Carla said...

Congratulations on your finish!! It's beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

You are really cookin on HOHRH - it's gorgeous!