Monday, February 25, 2008

Memories


It may not look like much based on this photo, but I started Just Nan's new Memories tonight. I finished up all of the cross stitching on the biscornu for Laura's exchange group, and only have the assembly left to do. As a result, I decided to reward myself with a new small/medium start. It is really gorgeous in real life, but very difficult to photograph so far. I feel like I am going back to my roots a bit with this one. Years ago (~20 years now), when I was first getting really heavily into stitching, I was primarily stitching Just Nan and Shepherd's Bush projects. My local shop owner at that time called Just Nan "the cutting edge of cross stitch" back then... I think the same still holds true. This one is a real treat, and with luck, I shall have better photos to share soon.

Stitched on today: Stitched on biscornu (for Laura's exchange group), and Memories

17 comments:

Karin said...

It's a fantastic start - I love the colours on this one. I think one of my first projects involving specialty stitches was a Just Nan too - many years ago as well.

Katrina said...

from one Just Nan fan from way back to another, its going to be gorgeous Carol :) Look forward to watching your progress on this one.

Mary said...

Lovely so far with gorgeous colors. Can't go wrong with a Just Nan design.

Carol R said...

Great start Carol - pretty colours

mainely stitching said...

It's a very beautiful beginning, Carol. But I can't agree with the 'cutting edge' Just Nan comment! ;)

Arthemise said...

That is so pretty. I've resisted the new pieces so far....

Karoline said...

Nice start Carol, it's looking gorgeous

Jenn said...

You've made a great start on this piece. I can't help when I see a Just Nan pattern to think of you. I love the colors in this piece and I can't wait to watch your progress on this piece.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It's a gorgeous start :) such pretty spring-y colors!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful start. I can see why Just Jan is a favorite of yours.

Sally said...

Beautiful start Carol. You stitch such gorgeous pieces; it's always a pleasure to visit your blog:)

QC is lookign fantastic. I'm sold now and intent on buying the chart, fabric and threads soon.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

FAbulous start. I just love Just Nan pieces

stitcherw said...

Lovely start, the colors look gorgeous to me in your picture.
Sue

Judith said...

It is already looking beautifull.

glamlawlib said...

Pretty colours, photo looks ok to me :)

BTW Serenity is comin along great too. You get so much done you're a constant inspiration!

DaisyGirl said...

Have you seen the new tin tops from Just Nan? I signed up for the auto ship from Silver Needle! Can't wait for the Hop to come!
Donna

Cathy B said...

Another great start! You are getting more snow aren't you? Ours is nearly gone - we've had a couple of warm days.