Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Special Surprise from Cathy!


I received the most amazing surprise package from Cathy today - she spoiled me with this beautiful and incredibly generous package of treats for Valentine' s Day. I am pretty speechless, and hope I can express myself well here. I have already emailed her. Cathy hit my wish list pretty hard, and also sent me the new Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers chart that was not publicly on my wish list, but oh, I wanted it so badly! I have already ordered my linen (this is an outstanding seller for R&R linens, if anyone is interested - I buy from them all the time), and am anxious to start!! Plus... oh, she sent me one of her pretty hardanger hearts! I have been admiring these as others have been receiving them. I cannot wait to pick up a suction cup with a hook so I can put it in a window. She also sent me sweets. Aw, thank you Cathy - you are so special to me!

And.. back to A Quaker Christmas while relaxing in front of Law & Order and I cannot remember what else tonight...

Stitched on today: Stitched on a gift (slow progress... ohhhhh!!), and A Quaker Christmas

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just saw a news story - Jesse L. Martin is leaving L&O this year.

Solitary Raven said...

Carol,
Just wanted to drop a friendly reminder that the biscornu exchange is coming to its deadline date of March 1st... I know you are very organized and I see your list includes it as the next item to cross off, But my blog is slow due to my moving, so I wanted to make sure and send a reminder just in case. Hope this finds you well! I am on track with my stitching and my biscornu is sent! Cant wait till my person recieves it ... It is right up her alley :)
Have a great day! Laura

cathymk said...

What a fabulous stash package!! Enjoy it all Carol! I love how your Quaker Christmas is coming along. Very pretty indeed.

Mary said...

That is a wonderful package, and just adore the hardanger heart! QC is looking great.

Wendy said...

What a wonderful package from Cathy!

Stephanie said...

I love Cathy's hardanger work - lucky you! Great progress on QC. And thanks for the R&R tip - it's SO difficult to get over here in the UK, I'm definitely going to investigate further!

Sharon said...

What a fabulous surprise from Cathy! Love it! Enjoy!

Edgar said...

What a great exchange!!!! and QC is certainly looking mighty fine!!!

Katrina said...

What a great mail day! Nice gift, I do love the BBD loose feathers. I am already anticipating the next one :-).

Nicki said...

What a great parcel and some fantastic charts! How sweet of Cathy :)

Quaker Christmas is looking great and thanks for the link to the ebay seller - could be dangerous ;0

Annemarie said...

How sweet of Cathy! The new Loose Feathers design, oh, I can't wait until mine arrives!
You know how I feel about these really large designs (apart from those featuring blue ladies), but this one is definitely starting to grow on me!

mainely stitching said...

Three cheers for Cathy - what a fabulous surprise!! :D

Margo's Musings said...

Your Quaker Christmas is so pretty - I like the understated Christmas colors - such a refreshing change from the usual Christmas colors. Also, you continue to amaze me with the number of gifts and exchanges you manage so flawlessly - I admire your organization. Margaret C

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol... are you going to have another HD soon???

Lovely stash giftie!!!