Saturday, February 02, 2008

Valentine's Day Exchange for Carla

I heard from Carla late last night that my SBEBB Valentine's Day Exchange for her had just arrived safely in Peru. It took a while, but then again... Peru sure is far from New Hampshire!!

February Blocks Pinkeep

Lizzie Kate

28 ct Light Mocha Cashel Linen, GAST/WDW/DMC Floss


The rest of the exchange included a quarter yard of Valentine fabric (which Carla commented on liking so much when she saw it on Ina's pinkeep just a few days ago - made me chuckle, knowing her own piece was on its way to her already), an LK chart off of her wishlist, a Sweetheart Tree needleroll chart and embellishment that just struck me as her style, a pack of post-it notes with her initial, some Altoids (so she can make a tin topper soon), some DMC Color Variations floss in Valentine pinks, and some classic Necco Sweethearts candy for the holiday. Her email to me was so sweet - I am so glad she is pleased. That pinkeep gave me absolute fits - it is still not perfect... but I had to leave it be before I ruined it in my centering struggles.

Thanks to all of you who left me comments and sent me wonderful emails, understanding about my lack of time for commenting in blogs. You all did make me feel better, but being the person that I am, I still do feel guilty.

I am off to do even more secret stitching ;-)

Stitched on today: Stitched a CE return exchange for Edda **Mailed off a PIF today

26 comments:

BeckySC said...

I love it, Carol!! Great exchange!!

Anonymous said...

Just perfect!! Beautifully stitched and finished as always!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It is GORGEOUS! Congrats :)

Beatrice said...

What a wonderful exchange and you had a great mail day yesterday!

Sharon said...

What a lucky partner you have!! You did a LOVELY job!!!

stitcherw said...

My, you've been having such beautiful exchanges lately (given and received), you certainly do keep the mailman busy. I don't know how you get all that stitching in. Houses is looking great, it was nice to see the cow finished, as well as his little friend (I'm thinking a large mouse).
Sue

Wanda said...

Lovely job on your exchange, looks straight finished beautifully.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous pinkeep, Carol!

mainely stitching said...

That is such a terrific Valentine's exchange, Carol! You always come up with such great ideas!

Danielle said...

I love all of your finished pieces. They are so fabulous!! You have to be the busiest and most accomplished stitcher I know! I don't know how you do it!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Fabulous exchange as always. The finishing is just lovely. I really like the purple.

Karoline said...

Gorgeous exchange Carol, congratulations

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol...
as always, I am in awe of your lovely work...and how much you manage to get done in the midst of a busy life.
You are a wonderful inspiration!
Blessings,
Julie

Dawn T. said...

Fantastic exchange, Carol!!

Hazel said...

Its lovely Carol and it's not the comments that are important as is the content and I love reading your blog as it always inspires me even if I don't comment often. xx

monique said...

Nice finish, Carol!

Mary said...

That was such a nice Valentine exchance and I love the design you chose to stitch!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful exchange you sent! I love how you finished it. Great job!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautifully stitched and finished as usual Carol!

Kajsa said...

The pinkeep turned out really well, love the way the pins color matches the pink topiary background.

Sally said...

Another beautiful finish! I am in awe of how beautifully you finish things:)

Kalu V said...

my favorite flip it from the series!

Carla said...

I love my exchange...thanks Carol!
Soon I'll try to do a tin topper finish :)

Lynn said...

You've done a beautiful job! Love it!

nela said...

ohhh is encantador me encata... bello.. felicidades

Michelle said...

Ooh, I love this one too. I must be a sucker for Valentine's stitching. So pretty!