Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Day Exchange from Katrien


I received a beautiful Valentine's Day Exchange from Katrien in Belgium today. This exchange was run in the Crazy Exchange group. I just love it! This is my second exchange from Katrien, and I must say, her sewing is perfect. She made me a Crazy Quilt Heart Pillow, and also sent two different bath products (I really love bath products!) and a beautiful box of chocolates! Thank you so much Katrien - the entire exchange is awesome!
I dug Serenity back out tonight. It has been a while since I have worked on this one too. I am really enjoying this motif quite a lot (the blue and brown one on the right).
Beau spent the evening sleeping beside me on a blanket atop my stash drawers... I can't believe I took a photo of him sleeping, and he didn't peek at me! Cats usually are so hard to photograph asleep - they know what is happening and crack their eyes open just a bit. Beau didn't catch on tonight - quite rare.

Jenn, I figure you already found this on the internet today, but in case you didn't, here is Ryan's interview with David Letterman from last night...


...Letterman really doesn't let his guests get much of a word in, does he? LOL I bet Ryan wasn't expecting the interview to go in quite this direction.

Stitched on today: Stitched on a gift, and Serenity **Mailed out a gift today

18 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Serenity is looking wonderful Carol, and you must be walking on air at the moment after Ryan Newman's win, woohoo!!!!

Mary said...

Great exchange. Serenity looks so pretty-wonderful colors.

Anonymous said...

Love the colours in Serenity - you're making great progress!

Carol R said...

Serenity is looking beautiful - great colours.
Beau is so sweet - I am thinking of getting a kitten - a ragdoll maybe - after 6 years without a cat!

Anonymous said...

Carol,glad you like my valentine-exchange enjoy it.

Love the colors that you use in your Serenity.You do such a lovely works.

Karoline said...

Serenity is looking gorgeous Carol, nice progress.

That is one very comfy kittie LOL.

staci said...

What a nice Valentine's exchange! I never watch Nascar but actually saw the last few laps and saw Ryan Newman win--and thought how happy you would be :)

Wendy said...

Great exchange ~ I love crazy quilting designs. And the Serenity piece is lovely, gorgeous colours!

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous little heart from Katrien!

Serenity is looking good - as is Beau, awwwwww :)

Margie said...

Serenity is looking great! I was just wondering yesterday where you were with it. :-)

Kristin Stitches said...

Carol, I haven't commented before this is all fairly new to me. I guess I have been lurking for awhile, I think that is what everyone calls it!I really like Serenity and watching your progress on it. I need to add that to my list of things to do!

And I always love to see the pictures of the cats. What great personalities all of yours have!!

Beatrice said...

The photo of you Kitty is wonderful. Good for you to capture it that way.
Serenity is so pretty.
I watched the 500 as well and was quite impressed as well.
Lovely Valentine exchange.

mainely stitching said...

That Valentine's exchange is incredible, Carol! :D And I like the motif you are currently working on, too. :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Serenity is looking lovey!

Jenn said...

Serenity is so pretty! I did get to see Letterman but, thanks for posting the video!

Oohhh Beau looks so sweet. Give him (and all the other kitties) a BIGGG hug from me. I know what you mean about getting a pic of them when they are sleeping. Misha could sleep for hours and the sec I'd pick up the camera she'd be wide awake and looking at me.

Nicki said...

A belated message to say what a GORGEOUS pic of Beau :)

Valerie said...

Stitching? What stitching? All I could see in this post was your adorable furbaby!!! So sweet!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful exchange and I love how Serenity is coming along!!