Monday, June 23, 2008

ABC Exchange from Chris


I received this sweet ABC Exchange from Chris today- she stitched me a lovely stitcher's pocket that has felt in it for needles, heart shaped mother of pearl rings for floss, and a pocket for scissors. I am having serious (operator) issues with my camera right now, and my two attempts to get a photo of the insides failed miserably - sorry Chris! (I must have mistakenly hit a setting button on my camera and just cannot find my way back yet....). She also sent me some gorgeous Vintage Cashel linen, velveteeen ribbons, buttons (in a tube that looks like lip gloss - LOL) and charms! Oh, Chris has studied me very, very well! Those charms will all find their way onto fobs, for sure!!! Thank you so much Chris - you really made my day... which until I got these treats just looked like this: Rain, rain, rain! (See camera operator issues continue - how hard was this photo to take?? Not hard! But, I still messed it up!).... yucko!! And my daylilies are really blooming today - but they are mushy, no photos... sigh...

It is a bittersweet day today. Today would have been my father's 72nd birthday. We lost him in 1995. Each year is the joy of Mike's birthday on June 22, and the sadness of missing my father on June 23.... a rollercoaster ride of emotions every June.

No stitching of my own to show today...shhh.... off to start a super important birthday gift, no peeking ;-)

Stitched on today: Started a gift **Mailed off Christmas in July Exchange today

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great exchange from Chris! :)

I understand your bittersweet feelings about your Dad - we got married on Mom's birthday, so celebrating the last couple of years has been hard {{{{hugs}}}}

Simone said...

Did you see the ABC exchange Chris received from Mylene? It's exactly the same as she stitched for you!!! What a coincidence huh?
Sorry, you're feeling down... That rain sure doesn't help!
Hugs, Simone

Michelle said...

Oh I love that stitcher's pocket she stitched for you! Lovely! Big hugs for today.

Kim B said...

What a beautiful exchange!

So sorry to hear this is a sad day for you.

nela said...

que coasa mas lindas has recibido y has enviado y ese cuadro grande esta genial...

Lynn said...

Sorry you're feeling a little blue but I can understand how difficult it must be to celebrate at this time. My Dad's been gone 14 yrs now and I still miss him terribly.
I hope Mike had a good time at the BBQ. Did it rain then too? It's rained here all day.
Your exchange is really lovely. There are a lot of talented ladies out there!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. My DD died on 6/20/95, just a couple of days before your father. I know the pain is still there even after so long. {{{hugs}}}

The exchange from Chris is lovely.

mainely stitching said...

Sorry for the sadness associated with your dad's passing. And rain, to boot. :(

But that's such a splendid exchange from Chris - clear to see, even with the 'operator issues' your camera is having. :D Enjoy!!

Carol R said...

Great exchange from Chris.
Sorry to hear of your sadness. I lost my mum 32 years ago and my dad 14 years ago and I still miss them both very much.
Hugs

Lennu said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your feelings... {{{hugs}}}

I hope your weather gets better soon! Here's it's been raining for two days almost constantly, it doesn't feel much like summer :)

The exchange is beautiful!

Hazel said...

Beautiful exchange from Chris. I keep seeing this design and just love it. xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Carol - I misread your post - I'm sorry for your loss; I can imagine this anniversary of your father's birthday is a sad time for you. {{{hugs}}}

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm so sorry...I understand where you're coming from, Keith's Birthday is May 14 and my Grandfather passed on May 16. He had lived a good life, never or rarely ill...he was the sun in my sky and like my own father...I miss him terribly, but know he's watching the angels play baseball ;)

Your exchange from Chris is delightful...hope your daylillies dry out soon! :)

Beatrice said...

ABC exchange is wonderful.

My thoughts are with you..I miss my Dad as well, we lost him April 2000.

I look forward to seeing those Day- Lilies. When I first started to read your blog last year you were posting a new lily every day, they are so amazing.
Take care, stitch with happy fingers.

Edgar said...

What a great exchange!! You are very welcome - anytime!!

edgar

Stitcher said...

Sending you big hugs.

BeckySC said...

((((((((hugs my friend)))))))))
What an awesome exchange :)

stitcherw said...

What a lovely exchange to get, you'll certainly have fun using all the items Chris included. It sounds like the timing was perfect too. It would be difficult to have the two dates so close together when the feelings they generate would be so far apart. {{hugs}}
Sue

Olga said...

I can understand your feelings... just a hug from me.
Lovely exchange from Chris.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic exchange.

Carla said...

Great exchange!!
(((Hugs)))