Sunday, June 29, 2008

LHN Exchange for Annemiek

I saw in the HoE blog today that Annemiek has received the LHN Exchange that I sent to her... I had no idea what to make, and then it struck me that one of my favorite LHN charts came out really tiny when stitched one over one, and the result was...

Blossoms & Blackbirds Fob

Little House Needleworks

32 ct Antique White Belfast Linen, DMC Floss


And to complete the exchange, I made sure to send her a pair of gold Gingher scissors so that she can use the fob... and some other goodies too ;-) Enjoy Annemiek - I was really happy to get your name for this exchange.

Tonight I started working on Michelle's spooky Halloween neighborhood RR. It is going to be like "Halloween in July" for the first half of July for me. I need to finish Michelle's as well as start my own for the new Halloween RR group... both to be mailed by July 15th. I have heard of Christmas in July, and now I have Halloween in July too. I am adding the bottom portion of Pumpkin Patch by Prairie Schooler to Michelle's RR. I don't know if Michelle wants me to stitch the moon above the blackbird that I stitched... after all, there already is a moon above the house next to mine... how funky do you want this to be Michelle? A multi-moon or single-moon neighborhood? If I don't hear from you, I will email you ;-) I have to remember to stop after work tomorrow afternoon for a skein of DMC 898 for that pumpkin patch beneath the house...

I also stitched up a pretty little Christmas ornament for the Christmas Ornament SAL today... but as I was finishing our (almost) daily thunderstorm came through, which ended the NASCAR race early up in Loudon, NH... and left the light around here too dark and gloomy to take a good photo of this delicate ornament... so will try tomorrow...

Stitched on today: Stitched a Christmas ornament, and started Michelle's Neighborhood Round Robin

22 comments:

staci said...

That fob is fabulous!!! I love it Carol :)

Andie said...

What a gorgeous fob!!

mainely stitching said...

OMG, Carol, that fob is simply incredible!

Anonymous said...

That fob turned out beautifully over one :)

cathymk said...

Just gorgeous Carol! Beautiful over one stitching!

Carol R said...

Gorgeous fob Carol.
Michelle's RR is looking great - a double moon sounds good!
Keep safe during the storms.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a Halloween neighborhood lol. That's cute.

Great exchange. Love that gorgeous little fob. Your over one stitching is so delicate and pretty.

Dani said...

Nice job on the fob ... I'm sure it is much appreciated. The RR sounds like a lot of fun ... it will be fun to see them come together.

Paula said...

I love the little fob. Its very sweet.

Jenn said...

The fob you sent Annemiek is lovely Carol.

Joke said...

What a beautiful exchange, and a pleasure to read your blog!

Sally said...

What an adorable fob Carol:)

Beatrice said...

The fob is adorable!!!
I love the Halloween RR. The pumpkin house is the cutest little house...they are all cute.
Neet idea!

Unknown said...

What a great fob and I adore the halloween RR. I love that pumpkin house that's on there. Would you happen to know where the design came from at all?

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol I haven't been by in ages! I'm glad to see you've kept up your pace and mojo! Everythignlooks great!

stitcherw said...

The fob is fantastic, that worked perfect doing it over 1. Your RR piece is looking very cute as well. Halloween is my favorite holiday to stitch for, so I'm really enjoying the different witchy RR's that are going around right now.
Sue

Stitchhappy said...

Carol the fob is fantastic! And a beautiful pair of Ginghers to go with it - it doesn't get better than that!

Annemarie said...

That is asuper fob you stitched for Annemiek! The colours are lovely, both of the threads and the fabric.
I´m really looking forward on working on that Halloween neighbourhood of Michelle´s!

Janaina said...

That FOB is a little treasure to hold in our hearts! I bet Annemiek is REALLY please! =)

Katrina said...

The fob is so cute, love it. Michelle's round robin is really coming along.

Olga said...

What an adorable fob and beautiful exchange!

Jenna said...

All of that over one. What a great idea and beautifully executed!