Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thinking Christmas Already

If it isn't bad enough that back to school sale commercials are already airing on TV (school only just got out this past week!), here I am thinking of Christmas already :-) I just saw today that Verona has received the ornament exchange that I sent to her for the Christmas In July Exchange - I only posted it off on Monday, and it already reached the Netherlands safely. Pretty amazing. When it was time to select something to stitch for Verona, I could not resist trying out one of the ornaments in the new JCS Christmas Ornament Preview Issue...

Joyful Blessings Ornament

Blue Ribbon Designs

Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Preview Issue, August 2008

Silkweaver 32 ct Heritage Belfast Linen, WDW Floss


I am blogging early again today, this time from my lunch break at work... want to join me in a Caribbean Chicken Salad? ... I figure on stitching away on gifts again tonight (I have to!).

A client showed me this yesterday - I thought it was just too funny, and it is only 39 seconds long, so please give this a peek:

... This is one high energy young lady who must have some sort of experience with gymnastics!! LOL

Stitched on today:

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about Christmas ornaments too, and your Blue Ribbon ornie is definitely an inspiration!! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Your ornament is beautiful Carol - great job!

Wow, that young lady is some athlete - fabulous catch!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful ornament Carol.

It's a shame we can't get the preview issues over here in the UK.

As for Christmas, well 3 of the pubs round here have been advertising their 'book now for Christmas' banners for about 2 months now.

mainely stitching said...

Hmm. Again the second picture is just a blank white square for me.

Lovely ornie!

Gwen said...

Your ornament is georgeous. This reminds me that I have to pick up an issue soon.

Way to go ball-GIRL!

Dawn T. said...

Oh I love that one, Carol!! Great job:)

Jenn said...

Very nice Carol! I'd love to have joined you for lunch. Caribbean Chicken Salad sounds very yummy! :)

cathymk said...

Just gorgeous Carol!

Becky K in OK said...

I just finished an ornament this week too. Did your salad have pineapple in it?

Wendy said...

I am going to HAVE to learn how to finish ornies! That's gorgeous!

That video was hilarious! I called my brother in excitement.. only to find out that it's apparently fake. It was a viral video for a Gatorade contest and aired as a commercial. He spoiled my fun but it's no less hysterical. I love it!

Lynn said...

I haven't seen the preview issue around here yet. Beautiful ornie!
That video is just too funny!

Kate said...

Ahh, Christmas! I flat out refuse to think about christmas before December starts. I guess I'm not a very festive person. :P

Rowyn said...

Wow, what a beautifully stitched and finished ornament.

That video is amazing. High energy alright!

Carol R said...

Your ornament is gorgeous Carol.

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite a girl ;-) Congratulations on all your projects Carol. Ann

staci said...

Gorgeous ornie Carol!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are already thinking of Xmas.HAHA.
you make such a lovely things.

Edgar said...

That ornament is simply gorgeous!!!! What a great finish!

Sally said...

Wow I LOVE this ornament! I can't wait to get the preview issue now!

BeckySC said...

Carol, that is GORGEOUS!!! WOWm GF!!!
((hugs))

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, what beautiful finishing Carol! It is a lovely ornie.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - that ballgall climbed that wall like Spider Man!

Nice ornament!

Beatrice said...

That was an amazing catch..thanks for sharing it with us!
Very pretty ornie Carol.

stitcherw said...

Your ornament is wonderful, I love the design. I haven't picked this issue up yet, but it's on my list to track down this weekend.
Sue

nela said...

guaoo Carol es bellisimo, ha quedado genial... Felicidades

Janaina said...

Ohhh I have that magazine too! I think that finishing is so pretty... Is that really easy to finish as it looks? And such an impressive look! Great job, Carol! Well done! =)

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love this one all stitched up. The beaded edging is a great touch!