Tuesday, January 06, 2009

ABC Exchange for Edgar

I received a lovely email from Edgar today to let me know that he has received the SBEBB ABC Exchange that I sent to him. I had fun choosing this one, even if stitching those bells did take me absolutely forever ;-) I know Edgar loves Quakers, the exchange was due to go out on New Year's Eve.... and I am trying to encourage him to try stitching a biscornu... so my choice was...
December Quaker Biscornu
The Workbasket
Silkweaver 40 ct Solo Newcastle Linen, HDF Silk in Garnet


Another ice storm coming in tonight/tomorrow. I figure I will go run down the street and hold up that darn power line that fell last month, and maybe, just maybe, we won't lose power this time! Pray for us! Virtually everyone in New Hampshire and Massachusetts is nervous again!

Stitched on today: Started Vonna's Halloween Round Robin **Mailed out a gift today

14 comments:

Mary said...

I'm hoping the weather won't be too bad there. I feel for you...we had it bad last year. Lovely biscornu. Just fit Edgar to a "T"!

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't lose power this time around, Carol.

The biscornu you stitched Edgar is lovely - I'm sure he'll love it!

Happy New Year to you, Carol!

Cathy B said...

Hi Carol - nice quaker biscornu for Edgar. He really ought to try a biscornu finish; it's not as difficult as it looks!

I hope you survive the ice storm and that you still have power when it is all over!

Srinity said...

I like that biscornu, it's really pretty.

I hope you still have power after the storm. We have -15C here at the moment and if we would loose power that would be horrible since our appartment has no other source for heating... On Monday we had more than -20C...brrr...

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty biscornu - love it :)

Will keep my fingers crossed that the storm passes you by....

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't lose power this time Carol.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

We just had the ice yesterday...not too bad as the one before it just a week before Christmas. Hope it hasn't gained strength by the times it gets to you.

Love Edgar's Biscornu...you have his name constantly don't you?!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - love the button!

Anonymous said...

Lovely biscornu, I'm sure Edgar loves it and hopefully it will inspire him to stitch one.

Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty biscornu!

Hope you won't lose power again!

DaisyGirl said...

Fingers are crossed! I'm wishing that we'd at least get one snow day this year! hahaha
Edgar's biscornu looks awesome!
Donna

Cindy F. said...

You did a beautiful job on Edgar's biscornu!!

Sherre said...

Hi, Carol. Love your blog!!! Where did you find the pattern for the December Quaker Biscornu by Workbasket? I sure would appreciate your help in finding it. Yours is so pretty!

Julie said...

Edgar is so lucky! I love the color you used. It's perfect! I adore that button in the middle.