Sunday, May 03, 2009

HoE Woodland Exchange for Maria, and a gift for a friend

I read today in the HoE II blog that Maria has received the HoE Woodland Exchange that I sent to her. I had a lot of fun making this - it is a tiny mattress pincushion, using a portion of LHN's Woodland Sampling chart...
Woodland Sampling Mattress Pincushion
Little House Needleworks
36 ct Flax Linen, DMC Floss


... And the rest of the goodies I chose to send to her - I hope she likes it!

I also got an email this morning that my old friend Brenda, who does not blog, has received a little gift that I sent to her too...

Garden Alphabet "B" Fob
Prairie Schooler
32 ct Antique Ivory Belfast Linen, DMC Floss


Stitched on this week: Started stitching a gift

18 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Hi Carol,
What pretties :)

Tanya

Theresa said...

Wow~~ Both pieces are gorgeous!!!!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful little pincushion and Fob. What lovely gifts you sent.

Becky K in OK said...

What a fabulous exchange you sent. I love the little fob. Hope you are well.

Dawn T. said...

Both pieces look fantastic!

Kim B said...

What a great exchange! And I love the fob. Your fobs are perfection!

Gabi said...

Gosh...these are pretty. LOVE that pincushion of yours. Such a pretty stitching and finishing. And that little fob you made is simply adorable.

Nic said...

Your finishes are so pretty!

mainely stitching said...

What a delightful exchange you put together, Carol!

How're you doing these days? Sorry I've been pretty much out of the loop. Been thinking of you!

lena-lou said...

The little mattress pincushion is adorable :)

Lula said...

Both really lovely

Sherry said...

How cute!

Cyn said...

Hi Carol,

Very pretty!

Just wanted to let you know that I've been having a lot of fun reading all, and yes I do mean all, of your blog entries. Thank you for providing many hours of stitching fun! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Carla said...

Both piece are beautiful!!

Karoline said...

They both are lovely, congratulations

Melissa said...

Your mattress pincushion is adorable. I never thought about making one so little. Great job!

CindyMae said...

What a beautiful exchange! The Fob is gorgeous!

Janaina said...

This mattress pincushion is just as sweet as one can be! Love the way you selected the LHN section to work with!
Well done!
J.