Saturday, January 27, 2018

Another January Ornament finish

I have decided to try to follow the LHN/CCN Christmas Ornament SAL on Facebook this year, as well as stitching with Andrea.  I was able to get January done.  I chose LHN's Old Colonial.  I opted to put this year's date on mine rather than 1798.  I had ordered the R&R 32ct Winter Brew linen with the chart.  My small piece was very heavily creased from folding by the LNS.  I stitched my piece way up in the corner of that and trimmed it tight for this pillow finish.  I used Willow Green belfast for the backing, for a little bit of a twist.  I am pretty satisfied with those choices.  And... used what I had on hand and meets a stash buster goal for me too.

7 comments:

Sally said...

Very pretty ornament Carol. You finished it beautifully.

Robin in Virginia said...

Carol, your LHN ornament looks great. I like the beaded edge that you used. Enjoy your weekend!

Carla said...

Beautiful ornament, Carol!!
I need to make some of these, it's been so long since I made one.

MartinaM said...

Oh yes, this is a beautiful ornament, and a great finish.
Martina

Daffycat said...

This is a lovely finish, Carol!

Beth said...

What a pretty ornament - lovely finish.

Andrea said...

Look at you stitching 2 in a month! :) It's a lovely ornament finish.