Recap of March Goals:
1) Continue to work on Fairy Flora - yes!
2) Continue Petal Fairy SAL with Karen - yes, though Karen had to drop out I am still doing this on my own
3) Start Earth Angel SAL with Jenn - yes!
4) Finish Beneath the Stars at work yes, Happy Dance! then start Mystic Sampler at work - no, got sidetracked when the Nashville releases came out and started Green Old Gardens instead
5) Finish The Orchard - yes, Happy Dance!
***** Also, started Miracle Butterfly SAL on the Needle & Thread Bulletin Board and pulled out and finished Judy's Garden (a WIP from last year, saved from pending UFO status!), and I pulled out Little Wings and worked on that again
1) Continue to work on Fairy Flora
2) Continue to work on Petal Fairy
3) Continue Earth Angel SAL with Jenn
4) Finish Green Old Gardens
5) Start Peacock Cypher SAL with Karen
6) Start Legends of the Dragons SAL with Nicole
7) Continue Miracle Butterfly SAL
8) Continue to work on Little Wings
9)**If we can get our fibers and linen in during the month, start Catherine Agnes SAL with Karen V.
Here's some more Petal Fairy, as of quite late tonight - she is growing her wings now :-) To see a truly beautifully stitched Petal Fairy, check out the one that Katrina finished today - GORGEOUS!! I hope mine comes out nearly as well!
I went to A.C. Moore in Salem, NH today - DMC floss is only 13 cents a skein this week. I picked up all that I need for Legends of the Dragons since that SAL is going to start really soon now :-) To further my stash enhancement a little today, I also visited Down Sunshine Lane, where I had a little store credit still stored up, and I ordered the Split Pea Soup Needle Necessities for Rose Lights and two of the Kreinik #4 braids I need for Queen Mermaid (I am itching to stitch her!!).
Plus, I got in an order from Silkweaver, which included the solo I will be using for A Midsummer Night's Fairy and the Potpourri Jobelan Expressions that is so lovely and dark that I think it might be just perfect for Lilly of the Woods, which I will stitch someday if I can ever afford all those Mill Hill Treasures for which it calls!! Yikes!
And, it is Friday! That makes it even better!!
And, here is my little Lily. I adore this little girl. She stayed with me all evening while I stitched Petal Fairy. She is a funny girl - all I have to do is start singing, or even humming, and she comes running to be with me. She loves the theme song from The Nanny - you know the one - "She was working in a bridal shop in Flushing, Queens, 'til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes...." Mike says I sing that to her so much that he now has dreams and even nightmares about it :-)
I almost forgot!! I got in two of my orders from Stitching Bits & Bobs - one was older and I had been waiting and the other came remarkably fast! I got in all but one of the skeins of Caron Waterlilies I ordered for Catherine Agnes (this will be a SAL with Karen) - and the one missing skein is on its way (got the email about that today) - also in the packet was an older order - three charts - Dragon Hatchling, House Samplings (oooooo, nice!), and Pretty in Pink - an absolutely banner day!
Stitched on today: Green Old Gardens and Petal Fairy