Friday, October 19, 2007

Crazy Exchange for Veronique

Veronique has received the Crazy Exchange that I sent to her. It arrived in Belgium so quickly! Veronique's list of favorites were Margaret Sherry, Lizzie Kate and scissor fobs. I did not have a lot of Margaret Sherry charts, except for ones in the few UK magazines I have. Those were all rather large. As for Lizzie Kate, I also have some larger charts, and ones that feature holidays like Halloween and Christmas. Not knowing if Veronique likes or celebrates these holidays, I opted not to stitch those. I did find this one, though. I figure a good luck fob would work for anyone. She likes it, and says she needs the luck right now :-)

Luck to You! Fob

Lizzie Kate

40 ct Natural Linen, Weeks Dyes Works and GAST Floss


Since I enjoyed stitching on Dawn so much last night, I decided to pick it up again tonight. The dress is really getting there now!

Ava went to the vet today for her follow up. The vet is not sure she has rodent virus. She really could not say what it is yet. She says several syndromes look similar to each other. Right now, her bottom lip is very swollen and she looks like she is sticking her tongue out. And, it is clearly very sensitive. The upper lip ulcer/sore is completely gone, and inside her lips looks good thanks to the Clavamox. The vet gave her a very low dose of cortisone, since Ava is very small. She says to come back if it does not clear the swelling. They will then do a biopsy and see where to go from there... here's to praying the cortisone does the trick and this is a one time issue for her!

Stitched on today: Stitched on a gift, and Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace

20 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

That's an adorable fob, and Dawn looks gorgeous!!

Poor little Ava. Hope the cortisone does the trick. (((hugs))) to you both! (tiny soft hugs for Ava - since she's so small and in pain!)

Anonymous said...

Poor Ava. I do hope that it clears up without the need for a biopsy.

Dawn is beautiful :o) and your fob is lovely too.

cathymk said...

What a sweet fob! And Dawn is looking Stunning!! Just beautiful.

I'll be keeping Ava in my thoughts - poor sweet girl.

Becky K in OK said...

Another great little fob. I just love seeing what you finish.

Dawn is really beautiful. I finally enlarged it to see the detail. Congrats on a wonderful stitch.

Hope the Cortisone helps little Ava. It's not fun having a sick pet.

Sherry said...

What a great fob and Dawn is continuing to look beautiful! I am dropping something in the mail for you today but forgot to take any pictures (slapping my hand)!

AuntSuze said...

Hope Ava feels better soon.

The fob is adorable, and a great idea for an overseas friend.

Dawn looks amazing, great stitching.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I hope they can find out what is wrong with Ava soon.

The fob is really cute! I don't know how you find the time to stitch all your beautiful exchange pieces, but you do great!

Sally said...

What a cute fob Carol! I love the colours you've used for it:) Dawn is so pretty. I love her more everytime I see her!

I do things improve for Ava without the need for a biopsy. {{{{hugs}}}}

Aussie Stitcher said...

I am thinking of Ava, hope things work out well for her. Dawn is looking wonderful, you made great progress.

BeckySC said...

The fob is so cute!!
Dawn is looking amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I hope Ava gets well soon. Sometimes you wish they could tell you what hurts.
Dawn is looking gorgeous!

Deb said...

Carol, I really love Dawn. She looks wonderful. Wonder how you'll frame her... I'm so sorry about Ava. She must be so confused by all this, and wondering what's on her little lip. What a cute fob, too!

Kathy A. said...

The fob is beautiful. Dawn is looking spectacular. No wonder you wanted to pick her up and work on her again. I hope poor Ava is feeling better soon

Von said...

So exciting to see Dawn almost finished! :)

Hoping with you that the cortisone is effective for little Ava! Hugs!

Stitch Wizard said...

Dawn is just soooooooooo pretty!! I bet you are really happy with how she looks!! Just gorgeous!! Oh I so hope that Ava gets to doing really well without a biopsy! I just feel so badly for animals that have health problems. I am just so soft hearted and love them so! Hugs Debby :)

mainely stitching said...

We've all crossed our fingers and toes for Ava. I hope the cortisone did the trick and she's back to normal. Poor little sweetie.

Hey, that fob you made is adorable!!

sugardoll said...

Just beautiful! Your Dawn is really coming along wonderfully! I enjoyed watching your progress on her, very magical!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That fob sure is cute and Dawn is looking so lovely!

Unknown said...

Another beautiful fob and another lucky person to be an owner of a piece of Carol stitching :)

Dawn is looking wow too.

veronique said...

carol, I really really like the scissor fob, and I put it immediately on my scissors... thank you so much for your lovely present, and I'm still thinking what I will make for you...Lol,