Friday, October 12, 2007

An Exchange, a Gift and a New Neighborhood

I finally have some things to show today :-) Sherry received the Crazy Exchange that I made for her. This group is open for new members, so please check it out!! Sherry is brand new to the group and I am quite fond of her, so I chose her for this round. She is stitching And A Forest Grew, so my choice for her was very easy!


And A Forest Grew Pin Pillow

Rosewood Manor

32 ct Driftwood Linen, DMC Floss


Also... finally... Wendy received the little birthday gift that I made for her. It really took a while to get to her, and of course, was late even though I posted it early. The post from here to Canada is just so slow, no matter what or when... anyhow, here it is:
Nature's Alphabet "W" Fob

Elizabeth's Designs

Autumn Fields Belfast Linen, DMC Floss


Tonight I started on Erin's Neighborhood Round Robin - I just love her theme! Erin is asking for a forest/woods theme. She wrote up a really cute letter for us that looks like it is written by the Homeowner's Association of her neighborhood. She gave us their guidelines and it is even on quality paper and folded like an important leaflet/document. Too cute! Anyhow, I started my little cabin in the woods using Star Light, Star Bright by LHN. I will omit the words and border, and will add in some wildlife for Erin, as per her request. I will not, however, stitch the moon. I will stitch the stars, but Cathy has already stitched a moon in her block (below mine), and two moons in one neighborhood would surely look like the Universe has had some kind of cataclysmic event, and we don't want that! LOL

Stitched on today: Started a gift, and started Erin's Neighborhood Round Robin **Mailed out a gift today

23 comments:

Nana's Quilts said...

You do such lovely things. Really great. And your crazy excahnge is marvelous. Perhaps you need to choose me next?????
Marne

Kathy said...

Your stitching is always so perfect.

You must be a happy camper today. The Red Sox won BIG and Ryan Newman has the pole at Charlotte. Everything is right in your world.

Kitty Couture said...

Great, great fobs, Carol. You have a great imagination with your fob - love how you thoughtfully pick up designs to match your recipient!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the "And A Forest Grew" pin pillow. What a fabulous idea! Your letter fobs are always so beautiful, I bet Wendy was thrilled! Good luck on the next stage of the RR. (And I do hope NL to US post is a little quicker...LOL!!)

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a cute little pincushion - it's adorable!

The RR looks lovely, too.

mainely stitching said...

The pyn pillow you made is INCREDIBLE, Carol!!!

Becky K in OK said...

Your pillow is wonderful. I love the way you finish your designs. Thank you for sharing.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Everything is looking wonderful Carol, you received some lovely gifts there. I saw the Quaker Christmas today and thought that it was a must buy.

Anonymous said...

How idyllic to have a woodland neighborhood. I think you're right about the moon lol.

Sherry said...

Thank you again so much for my wonderful little pin cushion! And thank you for the super sweet thing you said about me! I'm blushing! The RR is going to look wonderful with that theme! I can't wait to see what you do!

staci said...

Such cute little gifts, what lucky recipients!!! Ugh, the mail to Canada is slooow isn't it? I can't believe some parcels make it to Europe in 1/2 the time it takes to cross the border! I've always wondered if you make your own tassels?

Wonderful start on Erin's RR.

Congrats on the Red Sox win! The Rockies are now 2-0 and they're coming home, woohoo!!!

Wendy said...

Thanks again, Carol, I absolutely love my sweet scissor fob!

BeckySC said...

The pin pillow and fob are just as lovely as can be :) Congratulations!
I love the RR-it's looking great!
Have a nice weekend!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful owl exchange! The finishing looks perfect-- you continue to amaze and inspire me :)

Sally said...

The pin pillow and the fob are gorgeous Carol:)

I love Erin's RR!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Isn't all this just stunning? Your pincushion to Sherry is adorable, Wendy's fob is super and Erin's neighborhood...well I couldn't have picked better myself!
Super Carol :)

stitcherw said...

Both the fobs turned out lovely, and the new RR looks great too. I love the LHN patterns, it will be fun to see which critters you decide to add to your cabin.

So glad that An finally got her package. With it being stuck in the mail that long you must have been going nuts thinking it had been lost. Good luck with finishing up the three large projects by the end of the year. They are all so close I'm sure you'll be able to do it. You'll certainly be closing this year out with a bang. :)
Sue

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful fobs Carol. I love the little owl! Your neighborhood is coming along nicely. Glad to hear that An finally got her RR. I am sure it caused you many sleepless nights.

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, as always Carol! :)

Isn't it strange how the Canada post is so slow? I've been told that stuff gets to Australia from the US faster than it does to Canada!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol you make so many beautiful gifts! I don't know how you do it!

I look forward to seeing what you do with Erin's RR!

Deb said...

Oh, Carol, that pin pillow with the forest & owl is too cute! I just adore it! All your things look darling. Wonder what interesting little tidbits will go into the Neighborhood? I know you have some up your sleeve!
Hugs,
Deb

Michelle said...

Erin's RR is looking so cute!! Love the little pillow for your exchange - adorable!

Lennu said...

They are all so beautiful! I just love your blog :) The pin pillow is so beautiful, great work! And your fobs are always wonderful.