Saturday, October 13, 2007

PIF for Jenna, and a sick kitty...

I heard from Jenna that she has received the PIF that I sent to her earlier in the week :-) I am finally trying to catch up on all of my backed up PIF gifts, and Jenna is from my original PIF list that goes back some months now... what a relief to have hers done, mailed and received now! I have another one out in the mail, and will do my very best to catch up on them all soon! I have been in a Halloween mood lately, and was glad to learn that Jenna seems to like Halloween enough to even decorate her cubicle at work - LOL!

The Spooks Are Out! Pinkeep

Waxing Moon Designs

32 ct Driftwood Linen, Weeks Dye Works Floss


Tonight was a hectic night at our house. We discovered that our little cat, Ava, age 4 (as of 10/1, which I had totally forgotten until yesterday!), has a sore/ulcer on her upper lip in the center below her nose, and it has spread a little inside her lip as well...

...So,after researching this online, Mike and I got concerned and I took her to the emergency vet: the same place I got to know so well when Angus was so very ill last Christmas. The diagnosis I found online was the one the vet gave her. Ava has rodent virus , which sounds so terrible but actually has nothing at all to do with rodents - I would type its medical term if I could spell it.... Anyhow, Ava has been very talkative lately and we thought she might be in heat. Wrong, she was in pain. Poor baby. I discovered it when I went to brush her teeth tonight (she woke me up this morning with the most terrible breath in my face...). The vet gave her antibiotics and pain killers, but Ava will now need to see her regular vet this coming week for follow up. This can be an annoying, stubborn, repetitive issue for her. So far, we do not see any signs of it in our other five cats (whew!!). She will probably need cortisone in order to heal. She was very anxious at the vet. She growled the entire time she was there. I had never even heard her growl before, and none of my cats have ever growled at the vet. Since she got home, she has been clinging to me, curled up against me in my stitching chair while I tried to stitch. I just took this photo, taken in my stitching chair still. She was super hard to photograph, but in this shot you can see the red bump on her upper lip. My poor baby, she is miserable, but I think the pain killer drops we had to put under her tongue are kicking in a little now.

Here is what I did manage to get done on And A Forest Grew tonight... really getting there now :-)

Stitched on today: Stitched on a gift, and And A Forest Grew

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor kitty!! Hope she feels better soon. I would growl too!
Love the Halloween pinkeep!

Becky K in OK said...

So sorry little Ava is under the weather. Hope she is better real soon.

Your Halloween PIF is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Poor Ava...I hope her lip heals quickly!

I adore the halloween pinkeep! And your AAFG is beautiful but just reminds me how far mine still has to go. LOL

Carto said...

Aww poor Ava - our little fur babies do worry us so don't they? Fudge has been through the wars a bit, but he's back to his normal cute, cuddly and mischievous self! I hope Ava is back to her normal self very soon - aww I love the piccie of her, she's so beautiful!

I love anything with a Halloween theme - and this pinkeep is no exception.

mainely stitching said...

Best wishes for a speedy - and permanent - recovery for sweet Ava! Your PIF gift to Jenna is so cute! I hope you enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

cathymk said...

I hope Ava feels better soon, Carol. Poor kitty.

Your pinkeep for Jenna is gorgeous! And AAFG is looking very fine indeed.

Sherry said...

Ohhh poor Ava! I hope she feels better FAST! She is lucky to have you and Mike to take care of her so well!

The pinkeep is adorable and AAFG is looking super!

Karen said...

Very cute pinkeep! I hope little Ava gets better soon.

Annemarie said...

Poor Ava does look a bit grumpy in the picture. I hope she feels better soon!
Lovely Halloween PIF, Carol. Pif, PIF... why does that ring a bell?

Anonymous said...

Poor Ava. I hope she's better soon. I can't see the photo though ... seems like others can so maybe it's my computer.

AAFG is lovely. What a great project.

Julie said...

Poor kitty! I hope she feels better soon!

I love your Halloween pinkeep and your AAFG looks great!

Katrina said...

Love the PIF, I have three left to finish. I need to get busy and get them done. You AFG is gorgeous.

Poor kitty, hope she does well with the meds and is feeling better soon.

monique said...

Aw, poor little Ava! I hope it clears up soon. She's beautiful, btw :)

Kendra said...

Love that Halloween pinkeep!

Poor Ava...hopefully the meds and follow-up with your regular vet will get this all cleared up.

Sally said...

I do hope Ava is better soon. Poor kitty.

Love the Halloween pinkeep and AAFG is coming along really well. You seem to be picking up speed on this one:)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I just love what you stitches for Jenna! You did a fantastic job.

Hope Ava is feeling better soon:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol I'm constantly amazed at how much you have stitched for others this year!

Carla said...

Poor little Ava. Hope she's not in pain anymore.
The Halloween pinkeep is cute!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Poor Ava (love that name!) I hope she'll be feeling better soon!!!
You ATFG is just lovely Carol..not long!
The PIF you did for Jenna is just gorgeous! Congrats :)

BeckySC said...

I love your PIF for Jenna! It's just great :) Congratulations!

Thinking of you, Mike and Ava. I hope she is better today!!

WOW, you ARE getting close on AAFG :) Can you send me some of your WIP/large project mojo so I can finish up those in my basket??? :)

staci said...

Poor kitty, hope that Ava is feeling better soon :)

Adorable pinkeep!!!

Ranae said...

I hope Ava gets feeling better, poor baby!!
I love the Halloween pinkeep.
I finally just received AAFG chart and fabby. boo!hoo! it looks like by the time I get a good start on mine you will be finished. It will still be an inspiration for me though.
Are you stitching with one or two threads?
It's looking great.

Kathy said...

Tried to do a comment last night and either Blogger or my computer would not let me.

Poor kitty. Hope she continutes to improve and once it is gone, it does not re-occur.

Stitching is wonderful as usual. Nice finish.

Mindi said...

Your poor kitty, I hope she gets better soon. You've been busy making some of the most adorable fobs and pinkeeps!

Kathy A. said...

Poor Ava I hope she is better soon!
Glad you liked your house. I enjoyed stitching it.

claudia said...

Cute stitch for Jenna.
Poor Ava! It's so hard when the furbabies are not feeling well.
Give her an extra hug from me.

Lynn said...

Poor Ava! No wonder she was so talkative. Do you suppose her breath was so bad because of the ulcer? I hope this clears up very quickly for her. She is such a beautiful kitty!
Your WM Spook Pinkeep is just so cute! I really love the Halloween patterns available.

Dawn T. said...

Poor Ava!! I hope she gets all better soon.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm sorry that your poor kitty has been ill. I hope she gets better soon.

Your PIF is cute!

Kalu V said...

=( por ava...i hope she heals quickly

Michelle said...

Poor Ava! I hope that she is well and pain free soon. The Halloween pinkeep is adorable!! AAFG looks amazing.

Lennu said...

Poor Ava! I've been reading your blog from my Reader even though I'm late in commenting. So I've been thinking of Ava and you a lot and I'm happy to hear that she is better already! It's always so sad and worrying if something's wrong with your dear pets!

I've been looking after Manteli here as she was neutered on Wednesday. All is well and she has recovered really well, but Wednesday was a bit rough day for her and she needed a lots of attention.

The PIF gift for Jenna is very cute!

Anonymous said...

hellooooo
www.blogcu.com/eskom