Friday, October 26, 2007

Plenty to show....

I finally have some things to show today, other than And A Forest Grew or Victoria's Quaker :-) Annemarie received a parcel that I sent off to her on Monday (she is well, by the way, and I am sure will be blogging again quite soon). Inside the parcel were a few items. Her birthday is next week, and I stitched this for her: (***the chart for this needleroll is now available for adoption by the first stitcher who leaves a comment requesting it) ADOPTED -
November Birthday Needleroll

Victoria Sampler

28 ct White Evenweave, DMC Floss, DMC Perle Cotton, Kreinik #4 Braids


And, also in her package, along with Erin's Round Robin, were my Fair and Square blocks for her. An has more coffee than blood running in her veins, so I could not resist stitching these:

Coffee Crazy!!

Lizzie Kate

Antique White Belfast, Weeks Dye Works Floss


And, oh my gosh! I just realized that I was so tired from watching the World Series last night when I blogged that I totally forgot to post this photo of this sweet Crazy Exchange return exchange that I received from Sherry yesterday. Isn't it adorable?? I just love it - thanks Sherry! (And I am so sorry I was so braindead last night that I forgot to put up a photo!!). And finally, I do have another update of And A Forest Grew... I think I have one more night left on it (yep, that should be tomorrow) - just one more big tree, two tiny trees, two backstitched bird outlines and my initials and year are left! I have really loved working on this one! And I love seeing how many other ones are being stitched in the blogosphere :-)

Stitched on today: Stitched on PIF gift, stitched on Harvest Time Exchange, and And A Forest Grew

22 comments:

Arthemise said...

Such a pretty needleroll! So what exactly are Fair and Square blocks?

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

That's a lovely needleroll, and I have a November birthday. If it hasn't already been requested, would you mind sharing the chart with me?

Your Forest is stunning - I've been impressed following your progress since I've been reading your blog. Congratulations!

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Carol, what mouth-watering photos!! I love Annemarie's needleroll, and I can well imagine that she does, too!! The F&S blocks cracked me up! That stitching journal is adorable! How neat!! AAFG is *so* close!! WOW!! Enjoy a great weekend!

Kitty Couture said...

Beautiful gift for Annemarie! Love her Fair and Square blocks as well. Have a great weekend Carol!

Anonymous said...

Your forest is amazing. I like the gift you gor from Sherry.

Annemarie said...

Yay! I can't get enough of looking at my gorgeous needleroll :o) And Fair Square make me want to run downstairs to my coffee machine :o) Thank you, Carol. You have not only made my day, but my entire week.
AAFG!!! Oh my goodness. I can't wait to see that one finished. Soon, I hope!

Sally said...

Wow, Carol, you have done a lot on AAFG since I last looked at your blog!

Love the needleroll. It is beautiful. These VS needlerolls are wonderful to stitch aren't they? Love the F&S square too!

Sherry said...

What a beautiful needleroll! I must try one of these! The F&S blocks are too cute especially since I am a coffee fanatic!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Since she's already posted...I must say my gift to An isn't finished yet.....ahhhh....
Your's however is GORGEOUS as always Carol. And seeing your ATFG finished, I believe it is just beautiful, and it tempts me to buy this pattern...however....if you would see what I have "kitted" for myself in the near future...then YOU my dear would laugh right outloud and have to go running for the tissue box because you'd start crying at the audacity of my brain to even *suggest* purchasing another huge pattern that I'll never have a remote chance of finishing. Alas....
HOWEVER, your crazy exchange from dearest Sherry, is she not the sweetest? That is a wonderfully done journal and I would think is just THE thing to write and remember all your starts and finishes! Congrats to you my dear friend :)

Iris said...

Good luck on your forest, you're almost there !!
Nice needleroll, and a wonderfull crazy-present you got !!

Aussie Stitcher said...

The needleroll is gorgeous and I love the exchange pieces. AAFG is stunning, I am getting my dancing shoes ready!!!!

Gina said...

I love love love "And a Forest Grew"...It's on my list of things to stash... Great job on the rest!

Unknown said...

Beautiful needleroll Carol. How is Ava today?

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, An really got an amazing package. The LK square is adorable!

Hope you have fun finishing your forest this weekend:) That and great World Series baseball=a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Annmarie was just thrilled with your thoughtful gift. I know she needed a smile or two.
Great exchange gifts. Is the stitching journal an actual write in journal? Neat.
I can't wait to see your finished A Forest Grew. Is that chart spoken for or are you selling it? ; )

staci said...

Gorgeous needleroll and really cute F&S blocks!!! AAFG--WOW!!! The dancing shoes are on standby!!!

Melissa said...

Carol- what a cool stitching journal! Lucky you!

The needle roll is lovely and I have those L*K designs here to stitch too. Love me some coffee.

What are Fair and Square blocks?

Sharon said...

Whata beautiful needleroll and exchanges to Annemarie! I can't believe that you are almost finished AAFG-it's beautiful! The crazy exchange is cute and fun.

Kathy A. said...

What a beautiful nedleroll you have done for An and I love the Fair and Square exchange. That would suit my Sis in Texas too. She is a coffee fiend and I swear her blood is brown.

Kendra said...

What a pretty needleroll! Too bad I'm several hours too late...both my girls have November birthdays, so I'm partial to the month of November.

Ah, just as well...I have enough to keep me busy for the next several decades...LOL!

Carla said...

Gorgeous needleroll Carol!!!
Your F&S block are lovely...and if she is a coffee person, the their perfect for her :)

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Thank you very much, Carol - I received the chart in the mail this afternoon. I couldn't immediately find your e-mail address to send a proper thank you.