Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Time Management (and new Pay It Forward round)

I received the cutest PIF gift from my old friend Neila today. Gosh, I have known Neila for years, and she recently located me via my search for her in my blog - it was funny! Neila and I used to be in several round robins together years ago! She is such a doll. She made me a crafter's apron, modeled after the ones carpenters use - how cute is that??! And, some cute Halloween soap too, but it did not photograph well. Thank you so much Neila! I just love it! I sent off a PIF on Monday that I thought for sure would arrive at its destination by today. It did not have far at all to go. But, no word from the recipient, so the wait will continue...
...And this brings me to announcing a new PIF round! I signed up on Neila's blog a few weeks ago, but wanted to get at least a few of my older PIFs out the door before posting that I am taking new names! Since I received the PIF from Neila today, I better post now - LOL! So.. the first three to leave me a comment asking to sign up will receive a hand-made gift from me, sometime in the upcoming year. In return, you will need to post to your blog that you will make gifts for three other people. Sound good? Sign up! LOL
I titled my post "Time Management" because as I prepare to write up my goals for November, I am a bit overwhelmed. There is a much higher than average number of stitchers' birthdays in November, plus a larger than average number of exchanges due out between November 15 and December 1... and several early December stitchers' birthdays.... and where will Christmas stitching fit in? It probably won't! On top of that, I started Deb's Neighborhood Round Robin tonight. It is going to occupy a lot of my time this month - it's adorable and is truly Deb's artistic vision, but it is also very large - there are three parts to it and it will be keeping me ultra busy. Tonight I spent a lot of time finishing off a gift for mid-November. Now I can cross it off the list! After finishing that, I stitched what I think is the "heaven" part of the round robin.... this is my little spirit or soul that Deb has asked us each to stitch in this upper section.... next I have a house and a proverb to stitch...and then it ends with having to stitch my tombstone... oh my! Stay tuned! I think I will pass on replacing And A Forest Grew this month and just keep at it with this RR since it is due to be mailed out on December 1.

Oh... and Happy Halloween!

Stitched on today: Finished a gift, and started Deb's Neighborhood Round Robin

22 comments:

Nic said...

You do sound as if you're going to be busy! I'm concentrating on Christmas gifts now myself!

Please could you add me to your PIF for this round? I've had one running in my "main" blog, but I would love to offer up something for my stitchy friends!

Georgie said...

Hi Carol, the present you received is just gorgeous! I love the fabric!!!

I would love to sign up for PIF round...Count me in!lol

Sherry said...

I would love to sign up for the PIF but please let me know how this works.

I love that apron! I have seen them done before for crafters! The little "soul" on the RR is so cute. This will be an interesting one to watch!

Sally said...

Wow, Carol. you are going to be incredibly busy!

I love the gift you received. What a fantastic idea it is!

Deb's RR sounds wonderful! I love your little soul:)

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a beautiful apron - I've seen the carpenter's apron but never one for a stitcher - what a great idea - I'm forever losing things that I thought I set down next to me!

Kitty Couture said...

Carol - don't you worry about stitching for Christmas! We are not superhumans! I know you are incredibly productive, Carol, but there's a limit to everything. Don't drive yourself stressed or unhappy because of crazy commitments. You spoil us all year round already!! :)
I hope Ava is still doing good! Miss Cutie says hi.

ollie1976 said...

Carol-THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I received the beautiful fob yesterday. I'm so glad that I got it before I left for NC. I'll be posting a pic of it on my blog later on today.
-Jen

mainely stitching said...

Wow, you do have a lot of stitching commitments coming up! Good luck!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm anxious to see Deb's RR in it's entirity when it's completed...I bet it will be fantastic!
You are a busy girl and you're going to continue on with the birthdays...dear sweet Carol....you are too much!

Love Neila's PIF...it's really gorgeous...I think I may have to figure out a belt like that for myself...for my tacky glue, scissors, embellishments...the works!
:)

Dawn T. said...

The apron is awesome! I love it:)

staci said...

Darling apron!!! Sounds like you are going to be incredibly busy!!! If anyone can accomplish so much it's definately you!!!

Deb said...

Dear Carol, You are so darling to make time for my Neighborhood! That little soul is just like you!! I love her crows!! I'm just so excited to see what you end up stitching on my piece!! Yay!!
What a perfectly wonderful apron from your long-lost friend. The fabric and the creativity is great. Don't you just love getting something unique that's been made with YOU in mind?! I don't know how you keep your stitching things up, Carol. Really, I'm always stumped about that! I hope you do take time to enjoy the season for your sake.
Love and hugs,
Deb

Lelia said...

WOW. I'm tired just reading about everything you are going to accomplish this month!! If I get one gift done, I'll be happy : ) Awesome gifts & so nice to see your excellent stitching projects. Enjoy the day

Lynn said...

Wow, you are going to be incredibly busy! I don't know where you find the time. Your fingers must just fly!! Don't forget to make some time for yourself. You are so important too.
Love the apron!

Cheryl said...

You sound busy Carol with all your stitching commitments, how on earth do you manage it all and work as well?!! Good on you though :)

Andrea said...

What an ingenious present you received.
Pace yourself Carol!!

sugardoll said...

Your apron is so pretty. Something I wouldn't want to use because it might get dirty LOL. What a nice friend Neila is. =)

Melissa said...

Carol--I don't know how you do it all! I have six ornaments to finish for a group swap before the end of the month and I'm already freaking out. I gave up on RRs after one of mine disappeared a few years ago. It was the second time this has happened so I let go of that experience, I miss it though.

I know you will meet all your goals. I'll say it again, I don't know how you manage to do it all, you always inspire me to stitch faster!

Becky K in OK said...

I'm behind on reading blogs. Your apron is fantastic.

Lennu said...

What a lovely gift to receive, it's beautiful! The RR is looking great, it will be wonderful to see what you're going to stitch to it next :)

Oh I know the feeling, I have a lot to stitch this month too! You stitch so quickly, it's so amazing to see everything you finish, beautiful stitching all the time! Good luck for finishing everything you want to stitch this month, I'll be thinking of you when I stitch :)

Carla said...

The PIF gift you received is just wonderful!!!
Good luck on finishing the RR on time...it sounds like it will take some time.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Carol, what a lovely PIF to receive!

I bet you'll get it all done in time... you always do!