Saturday, June 21, 2008

Exhausted


I had really hoped to get a bit done on the bottom section of Acorn Sampler today. However, I am just wiped out. We had a family BBQ for Mike's birthday (which is officially tomorrow) today. But, I did do a little. I might take a few minutes still tonight to work on my Christmas in July Exchange project... little x's might be easier right now ;-)

Lily is exhausted too. I just took this photo of her sleeping atop a chest of plastic drawers next to my stitching chair... one of her favorite places (actually, almost all of my cats nap here from time to time)...

Stitched on today: Stitched on Acorn Sampler, and stitched on Christmas in July Exchange project

17 comments:

DaisyGirl said...

Lily does look wiped out! I know Daisy always sleeps behind me when I stitch!
Donna

Carol R said...

Your Acorn Sampler is stunning!
Lily is very sweet - just wants to be near you while you are stitchin

Anonymous said...

Lily looks so comfy up there ;)

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Mike! I think the cats like to sleep there so they can watch your progress on what your stitching.

Karoline said...

Acorn Sampler is looking gorgeous, lovely photo of Lily

Katrina said...

Sometimes little X's is just the way to go :-). Happy birthday to Mike, hope you have a great weekend.

ollie1976 said...

Happy Birthday to Mike!
-Jen

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on Acorn. Backstitch like that needs such detail counting and paying attention, after a busy day like you had I think you got quite a bit done. Lily looks very comfy, my cats like to curl up near me as well, and on top of some of my stitching stuff seems to be a favorite place.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Mike!

Dani said...

I love seeing your kitty pictures :) So sweet. Hope Mike has a good birthday!

mainely stitching said...

Sorry you're so tired. I hope Mike's "real" birthday day is full of happiness. :D

Margaret said...

Carol, You're making wonderful progress on this. Can you tell me What are quidlobets?

Karin said...

What a tired little kitty! You got a lot of stitching done.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope the exhaustion improves for you Carol. Once every couple of weeks I feel this way and just have a quiet day or two to recharge the batteries.

Kate said...

Lily's sweet to keep you company while you stitch. :) Don't worry, I'm sure you'll finish Acorn Sampler soon enough.

nela said...

me encanta tu gato me encantaaaa mucho

Lennu said...

It's a really beautiful sampler and I enjoy seeing your progress! Oh what a cute photo of Lily :) Manteli also loves sleeping on top of the boxes etc. and she has couple of favourite spots like that too :)