Saturday, June 07, 2008

Fobs

The European postal carriers have been busy today - I heard that two different fobs that I had sent out reached their destinations safe and sound :-)

First, Hazel received the wee little birthday gift that I stitched up and sent off to her. It arrived a couple of days late, but this time I expected that as I was rushing to get it done last month. I am so glad that she likes it! Some may recognize this fob... I stitched the same one for Heather last year. I couldn't resist - I love the little bird and birdhouse on this design.
Garden Alphabet "H" Fob

Prairie Schooler

Unknown 32 ct Belfast Linen, DMC Floss


Also, Simone received a wee little fob that I stitched for her as well. Simone had sent me a pretty pillow ornament for the Crazy Exchange about a month or so ago. In return, I needed to stitch something for her. Knowing Simone's love of birds, I chose to use the Prairie Birds chart that Veronica recently gifted me with in an HoE Exchange. I figured I would stitch one of the birds over one for her to make a sweet little fob. I almost fell of my chair when halfway through the process I saw on SBEBB that Cathy had stitched an almost identical one for her for a bird themed exchange ;-) Luckily, Cathy had selected the chickadee block, and not the goldfinch block. I figured that mine was already half done, so I forged ahead. Simone seems to like it :-)
Goldfinch Fob

Prairie Schooler

Stitched 1-over-1

30 ct Natural Linen, DMC Floss


Good to know they both arrived safely, and now I am off to do more secret exchange stitching....

Stitched on today: Finished the rest of Spring Exchange for Myrna, and started the ABC Exchange

21 comments:

cathymk said...

They are both beautiful fobs! I really love the fob for Simone!! I just love the detail of the beads in the finishing - lovely work Carol!

I think Simone brought out the best in both of us!! LOL!

Cathy B said...

It's good to hear that the mail service is working better. your fobs are always beautiful, Carol. Your pinkeep for Barbara (in the previous post) is also very nice. I need to go to the Workbasket site and download that one!

Hope you have a relaxing evening!

Kim B said...

Beautiful fobs! Lucky recipients!

Anonymous said...

I am sure Simone will love the fob you made her - you are the Queen of the Fob :)

mainely stitching said...

Your gorgeous fobs are famous, Carol!

Carol R said...

Pretty fobs Carol - lucky Hazel and Simone

Kathy A. said...

What beautiful fobs. I love the little goldfinch. I think we all need to have a chat with our postal services. They are the bane of our existences.

Andrea said...

I never tire of seeing your fobs. Both are lovely.

Daffycat said...

Carol, your bird fobs are awesome!

Anonymous said...

beautiful fobs your recipients will be very pleased

staci said...

I swear Carol, you must stitch fobs non-stop! These are adorable as always!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

They look fantastic as usual! Great finishing Carol:)

Dawn T. said...

Both fobs are gorgeous! Great stitching:)

Kate said...

Carol, you are the fob queen! You stitch some amazing little fobs. I'll always treasure the one you sent me. :)

WendyJo said...

Beautiful fobs Carol and beautiful finishing as well!

Jenna said...

I love both of the fobs, but particularly Simone's with the goldfinches. Too cute!

Carla said...

both fobs are lovely!!

Olga said...

Fabulous fobs! Very pretty designs and perfect finish!

Anonymous said...

That fob is adorable! I love it!

Hazel said...

I love my fob Carol. Thank you. xx

Michelle said...

Both are beautiful, but I just love that Goldfinch fob! Gorgeous!!!! You really make the most beautiful fobs!