Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HoHRH


It's still very humid here, but I did last longer with my stitching today. I picked up HOHRH again tonight and starting working on House 9. Love the colors at the top of this one - lots of shades of orange coming up for those shooting stars... and then the upper area is filled in with black. Funny though - as I was stitching, I thought that was a cat sitting on the moon. When I was done, I took a better look and realized it was an owl :-) Makes more sense. But the collar on the owl threw me - but I love him - it's my favorite motif on the whole sampler.

Stitched on today: Stitched on CE exchange, finished SBEBB ABC Exchange, and stitched on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

12 comments:

Kim B said...

It looks wonderful! An owl does make a bit sense than a cat, but either way. If they were being true to form in the motif it would be an astronaut :)

Margaret said...

Carol, that sure looks great. Could it be you have a pre-disposition to cats perhaps!! The owl looks really cute

Carol R said...

Cute owl! I like the ducks (?) in the square above

Annemarie said...

An owl on the moon... yeah, that makes perfect sense :o))))
This new start on HoHRH looks distinctly halloweeny, by the way. Love it!

Wendy said...

Great start on House 9! I picked up my HOHRH last night too. I can't remember the last time I stitched on this lovely piece.

Juanita said...

Finally got a chance to stop by your blog, and it looks like you've been busy!! You're making great progress on your projects. I especially like the acorn piece, and the Quakers, and the fobs, and, and, and....

Your blog should come with an "enabling ahead" warning. LOL

Edgar said...

Looks great and does remind me that I need to get back to VoHRH....

Deb said...

Sweet little owl! I love those soft orangy colors, too, Carol.
Hugs,
Deb

Beatrice said...

Yup that is a cute owl, I can see why you find this a neat piece to do!It looks great!

Katrina said...

Very nice! I do love the owl on the moon :-).

Aussie Stitcher said...

It is looking great, love the owl. Two more blocks after this one, well done.

Michelle said...

Love that little owl. Someday I'll stitch this - it's such a stunning piece. I love watching yours come together.