Monday, June 30, 2008

LHN Exchange from Yuko

Lucky me! I received an HoE LHN Exchange from Yuko today. I have long admired her work on her blog, and now I am the happy owner of one of her lovelies. She stitched LHN's Necessities Sampler and made the sweetest tassled pillow for me. It is so pretty on my vanity in my bedroom :-) So very beautifully done! And great little treats - in the plastic bag are two patriotic fabrics, a card of wooden buttons and some hand made lace from Japan. Nice! And the Pocky treats - DH is loving them! (He just loves when exchangers and friends send me sweets from around the world).
Yesterday I stitched up a little ornament for the Christmas Ornament SAL. I couldn't get a photo yesterday due to thunderstorms and dark sky. But I snapped one in the garden today - the fabric is slightly darker in real life. Today was a bit sunny :-)

Winter's Night Ornament

Periphaeria Designs - complimentary chart exclusive to customers of Violarium

Silkweaver 28 ct Intrigue Cashel Linen, DMC Floss - B5200, Kreinik #4 Braid - 001HL


And... tonight's progress on Michelle's Halloween Neighborhood Round Robin... still waiting to hear if I should stitch the moon ;-)

A little something in the garden today (complete with spider web that I did not notice until I downloaded the photo....) - Daylily: Green Eyes Wink

Stitched on today: Finished SL project, stitched on a gift, and stitched on Michelle's Neighborhood Round Robin **Mailed out a new Crazy Exchange today

18 comments:

Cathy B said...

Wonderful exchange from Yuko! She does lovely stitching and finishing.

Your ornament is cute - love the beaded edge. You are "cooking with gas" on Michelle's neighborhood too! (My favorite aunt always used to say that!)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yuko makes fantastic gifts! you're so lucky to receive one from her!

Annemarie said...

Yes, stitch the moon!

That is a wonderful exchange you received from Yuko. My goodness, no wonder I'm shying away from stitching gifts: you're all so very talented it makes me insecure :o)
Love your work on Michelle's, and the ornament is lovely!

Carol R said...

A wonderful exchange fro, Yuko -she is such a talented young lady! I hope to be partnered with her one day.
Love the SAL ornament!

Andie said...

What wonderful exchanges :D Your ornament is lovely and the Daylilly is beautiful

Unknown said...

What a beautiful exchange you received Carol.

I like your ornament.

Jenn said...

Yuko does do some lovely work. I really like the house you picked to stitch for Michelle's RR.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Everything is just beautiful Carol! Yuko did a splendid job with the exchange and your wee ornie for the SAL is cute as a button. Michelle's neighborhood is so cute!
And the flowers are pretty! We have our ditch lillies coming out already around here...I think they are actually Tiger Lillies, but they are in all the farmers ditches for some reason and when we traveled home this weekend it was fun to see all the ditches full of lillies ;)

Aussie Stitcher said...

I love what Yuko made for you, very sweet. Michelle's RR is looking great.

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous exchange from Yuko - I often admire her stitching on her blog, you are lucky to have your very own example of it!

Very cute ornament too - I like the juxtaposition of it hanging off the daylilies :)

Olga said...

What a fabulous exchange from Juko!
I like your ornament, the beaded edge complements it so nicely.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Yuko's beautiful finishing, too! Your pillow is so cute.

I love the ornament you stitched, too. It's so delicate.

Carla said...

What a lovely exchange you received from Yuko, Carol!
The xmas ornie you finished is lovely too!

Joke said...

Really beautiful, Yuku's exchange. One time, when I get more experienced in finishing I also would like to get involved in exchanges. I also love the ornament you did, lovely!

Marie said...

Lucky you, a beautiful treasure from Yuko!

Your ornament is pretty...I have a "special" one almost done. :D(I should be doing that right now)

Ohhh, a Halloween NRR ~ It looks wonderful.

mainely stitching said...

You have the prettiest lilies, Carol!

Wonderful exchange from Yuko. She really does create beautiful stitched projects.

Jenna said...

What a great exchange from Yuko! I'll have to check out her blog sometime. I love your ornament, too. Outi does nice designs. :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful exchange! I love the ornament you made as well - so pretty with that color combo. Sorry it took me so long to get you the answer on the moon!