Saturday, May 04, 2013
Nine years in the making...
It took me nine years, but I finally did it. Last night, somewhere close to midnight, I put the last stitches into Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I started this way back when the chart was first released in 2004. I naively ordered HDF's very first silk conversion pack for this sampler. I figured it would look a lot like the original... oh, so very not! I present to you what I call the "watercolor version" of Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I have had a love/hate relationship with this sampler from its earliest stitches. But today, I am pleased. I now know better than to "assume" that silk conversions by other manufacturers can be relied upon to be close to the original. I know HDF changed the conversion at least one time since I bought my silk pack. After what I spent on this silk, there was absolutely no going back after I started. So, after languishing for long periods in my projects chest... here it is...in need of a press, but at least two dear friends want to see this now, so...
Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
Carriage House Samplings
Lakeside Linens 40 ct Pearled Barley Linen, HDF silk conversion #1
Started mid 2004 - Finished 5/3/13