Sunday, November 13, 2016

Baby Blanket for Caitlin


Cape Cod Baby Blanket
in Crochet by DK
Deramores Studio DK Seascape Colour Pack
Pearl, Oatmeal, Mist, Jade, Malachite, Fir, Peridot, Amethyst, Blue Velvet, Sky, Topaz and Smoke

My doll of a niece, Caitlin, is expecting her first child quite soon.  She and her boyfriend have opted not to know their child's gender, which initially created a color challenge.  Luckily, I found this pretty color pack in my stash.  Caitlin has spent a good part of each summer of her life on Cape Cod.  Her maternal grandparents have had a home there for many years.  This color pack reflects the colors of the sea... seems a perfect fit to me.

I was finally able to give this to her yesterday at her baby shower.  It is quite thick and soft/silky, hope it keeps Amelia or Declan warm on those cold New England nights.

Love you Caitlin!

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

So great, this colour combo. Such a lovely baby blanket.

LindaLee said...

This is one of the prettiest blankets I've seen yet. Beautiful colors combination. She'll love the gift.

Von said...

I just love the play of colors in this blanket! I know your niece will be thrilled!

Andrea said...

Love the colours in your blanket. Perfect!

Katrina said...

Just beautiful Carol, what gorgeous colours! xx