Thursday, February 16, 2017

OK, I lied...

I really thought my next post would be about cross stitch. Life is fluid, things change. Am still stitching, but have crochet aplenty to share now, so please forgive me.
Last night I finished Hopeful Honey's  Sunflower Hat and Booties for a certain special someone.  This was a special request from her mom.  Quick and fun!  Hope we can coordinate to deliver it soon.
And, of course, this does lead to a gratuitous pic of Miss Amelia herself, a recent pic texted to me by her mom.  Getting big!!
In other projects, my niece Erin is graduating from college in May.  I think this is the start of a gift for her.  This will be a good sized afghan, using Drops Designs Seaside Blues free pattern.  I am following the example of another stitcher on Ravelry and am alternating flower squares with traditional grannies.  It does break it up a bit.  
I recently finished Emma Varnam's  Garden Route Blanket (free on Ravelry).  I love, love, love this.  I have renamed it "My Girlie Blanket" due to its colors of Aspen, Fondant, Apricot, Lavender, Spring Green, Sherbet and Empire in Parchment, all in Stylecraft Special DK yarn.
And, at last, I finished my Make-For-Anyone Blanket in an older issue of Mollie Makes magazine.  This was put aside for some time now, and the recent (very) snowy weather has given me a chance to finish.  It is super snuggly, uses several shades of Sirdar Crofter yarn - Greenock, Flora, Seagrass, Jessamy, Orkney, Glen and Fairisle.  The join is Cypress Textiles Junior Celtic Lace Join in James C. Brett Top Value DK in Black.  The border is from Edie Eckman's  Around the Corner Crochet Borders book in King Cole Big Value DK in Mid Grey.

Seems to be impossible for me to get a good pic of this blanket.  This is a close look of the solid grannies in the various Sirdar Crofter variegated yarns...  hope it is better...

4 comments:

Katrina said...

All your projects are simply gorgeous Carol - just lovely, as is sweet Amelia :) xx

Christina said...

Miss Amelia is a little cutie! I love your girlie blanket - such gorgeous colours.

Andrea said...

You couldn't disappoint Miss Amelia and not complete her new hat and bootees, so cute. Love all of your other blankets, great colours.

geeky Heather said...

Goodness, that all was a lot of work!! Everything is so beautiful...such lovely colors. And what a little doll Amelia is!