Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Christmas Surprise

The mailman brought me a huge Christmas surprise today. I received this lovely package from my dear friend Margaret today - I am quickly learning she likes to make and send packages that totally spoil the recipient - wow, look at all of this . She stitched me a gorgeous ornament using a JBW Design (I just love JBW Designs!), and she kitted up Blackbird Designs' new Peace on Earth (you cannot see the R&R linen and the fibers because they are under the chart in the pack)... another cute JBW Designs chart, a skein of my favorite DMC Colour Variations in Radiant Ruby... and... oh my - a Quick Start Set! She must have seen in my wish list blog how much I wanted one of these. What a treat - thank you, dear Margaret :-)

I spent much of my stitching time today working on the Frosty Friends Exchange, but when I did pick up something to work on later this evening, I chose Serenity again... which just happens to be what Margaret gave me for my birthday this year!

Stitched on today: Stitched on Frosty Friends Exchange, and Serenity

9 comments:

Rowyn said...

What beautiful Xmas gifts you received. Serenity is coming along well.

Stitcher said...

What a wonderful gift. You have received and sent some wonderful things. I am in awe.

Sally said...

What a wonderful gift from Margaret!

Serenity is looking beautiful.

Anita said...

wow great christmas gift and I love your WIP. Many great christmas gifts and gift stitching. Merry christmas and happy holiday to you and your family.

Karoline said...

What a lovely gift, Serenity is looking lovely, nice progress

stitcherw said...

What a lovely Christmas surprise to get. The JBW designs are such fun, I love the way the little designs fit together to make a larger design. Serenity is also looking lovely, nice progress. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Sue

Sharon said...

It is a beautiful Christmas surprise!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful ornament & great parcel!

Michelle said...

I love the colors in Serenity - it is looking beautiful!