Sunday, June 01, 2008

Is it really June already?


I worked on Acorn Sampler again tonight, but I am not completely happy with it. I do not care for how the two strands of brown silk cover on the cashel linen for the acorns. Next time up, I am pulling them out and restitching with three strands...

I can't believe it is June already! Goal review time :-)

May Goals:
1. Continue to work on Serenity - yes
2. Continue to work on A Quaker Christmas - yes
3. Continue to work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow – finish House 10 and start another block - yes, and I started House 9
4. Continue to work on Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace - no
5. Start Kathy’s Neighborhood Round Robin - yes, and mailed it to An
6. Stitch at least one PIF - yes, I did two – Nic and Linda have received them
7. Continue to stitch on Spring Ride SAL - no
8. Stitch one or two ornaments - yes, I stitched two
9. Stitch and mail SBEBB Feathered Friends Exchange by 5/15 - yes, and Nancy has received it
10. Stitch and mail Spring Exchange to Myrna - I am stitching two things – I finished the first
11. Stitch and send return CE Exchange to Simone - yes, finished Saturday and will mail to her on Monday, 6/2
12. Stitch and send HoE Freebie Exchange by 5/31 - yes, and Olga has received it
13. Stitch some gifts - yes, I stitched four gifts
14. Finish House Samplings/start a new small to medium project - yes – finished House Samplings and started Acorn Sampler
15. Meet the Finishing Challenge – Biscornu - yes
16. Stitch and send Glenna’s Neighborhood Round Robin to Nicole by 6/1 - yes! – mailed it to Nicole on 5/31

June Goals:
1. Continue to work on Serenity
2. Continue to work on A Quaker Christmas
3. Continue to work on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
4. Start Michelle’s Neighborhood Round Robin
5. Continue to stitch on Spring Ride SAL
6. Stitch one or two ornaments
7. Finish and send Spring Exchange to Myrna
8. Stitch some gifts
9. Finish Acorn Sampler
10. Stitch and send ABC Exchange by 6/15
11. Stitch and send Patriotic Exchange by 6/21
12. Stitch and send HoE LHN Exchange by 6/28
13. Stitch and send scissor pocket for MAW exchange to Terry
14. Stitch ornament for Christmas in July exchange, ready to send by 7/1
15. Stitch Stitcher’s Lottery item, ready for 7/4
16. Stitch and send new Crazy Exchange

Stitched on today: Started second half of Spring exchange for Myrna, and stitched on Acorn Sampler

13 comments:

Kim B said...

I think your Acorn Sampler looks lovely. But of course you know what it looks like IRL and you need to be happy with it.

Looks like you met almost all of your goals! Way to go!

Arthemise said...

I think I had that problem on acorns before, a Sweetheart Tree needleroll, I believe. Three strands might look better, though it looks good as is. Good luck!

Carol R said...

Sometimes you just need that extra strand! It's looking beautiful

Hazel said...

my goodness you have been busy this month! Loving the acorn sampler. xx

Kathy A. said...

Love your acorn sampler. I think it looks lovely and delicate as it is. You sure did a good job on meeting your goals for May. Good luck with your June list.

BeckySC said...

OOH, I think it looks lovely!

Beatrice said...

You have been one busy girl...good for you to be able to keep up. Good luck with the June goals.
I had a look at the 500 clip. Thanks for posting that . I had company and couldn't watch the game.
Acorn Sampler is lovely!

mainely stitching said...

Lovely stitching, Carol!!

Carla said...

What a beautiful sampler, Carol!! And the fabric you are using for it is very pretty!
You did great on your goals for May..congrats :)

Olga said...

Your Acorn Sampler looks very delicate. Three strands might give better coverage and some volume to the acorns but before frogging maybe first experiment with three strands on a scrap and see which you like better.

Kate said...

Beautiful progress on your acorn sampler! For some reason I really like stitching acorns, but I hate them in real life. Maybe it's just the colours I like.

My, you've been productive this month. I'm glad you achieved so much you set out to do.

Lynn said...

Great exchange.. I like the looks of that chart from your wish list.
A Quaker Christmas is so beautiful! It's because of this piece that I'm starting to get interested in all those lovely Quaker samplers out there. Thanks Carol!

Sonda said...

Acorns looks great! Great job on your goals. You stitch so fast it inspires me!!