Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Beautiful Gift from Gill


I received a lovely surprise gift in the mail today. Gill read my recent post about how disheartening it is to work with low income people during these very difficult economical times. She wanted to cheer me up, and she stitched me this perfect little needlebook with the most cheerful little frogs. The back of the book features the other half of this Casey Buonaugurio design, which just happens to be one of my favorites (I received a lovely biscornu stitched from this design in a recent exchange - I am so blessed). Gill's work is so perfect and exquisite - I plan to study this little needlebook as I love her finishing technique. Thank you so much, Gill, for this little gift. It was so unnecessary, but so very sweet of you! Tonight was HOHRH night for me. I finally finished the tall house in the 10th block. That was a bit of a mini-milestone for me. It seemed to take me forever... but now I am on to the next one as I started the outer border for the 9th block too...

I am going to be pulling some more hand-dyed fabrics for sale and will post them soon - probably on Monday. If you are interested, keep an eye out! I just have so many right now...

Congratulations Manny Ramirez! Welcome to the 500 Club!! And he did it off of a former Red Sox pitcher too ;-) ...This happened tonight while I was stitching on HOHRH....

Stitched on today: Finished CE return exchange for Simone, and stitched on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow **Mailed Glenna's Neighborhood Round Robin to Nicole, and mailed a gift

19 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a pretty needlebook! So expertly finished too. Enjoy!

staci said...

A very sweet and thoughtful gift :) Congrats Carol!!!

Kate said...

What a beautiful surprise gift! Those frogs are just adorable.

Congrats on your mini-milestone! You're making great progress.

Olga said...

Gill's needlebook is stunning. I like how your HOHRH is coming along.Congratulations on reaching the mile-stone.

Anonymous said...

You are so very welcome my friend!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift from Gill - so cute!

Congratulations on hitting your milestone on Houses - you're doing great with it.

Andrea said...

Beautiful gift. Great progress on HOHRH.

Karoline said...

Such a lovely needlebook :) HoHRH is looking gorgeous, great progress

Kathy A. said...

How lovely - and a well deserved gift. Glad it made you happy. You are making really good progress on Hawk Run. nice work

Jenn said...

What a cute needlebook. That was so nice of Gil.

I was at the comptuer with the Sox game on in the back ground till the inning just before Manny hit #500. Then I went down stairs to watch the game with Paul. Guess something told me that I should be watching the game on the big screen. :) Just wish he could have done it at Fenway.

Annemarie said...

What a lovely surprise to receive, Carol! The froggies are excellent.

HoHRH looks amaaaaazing! This must have been a drag to stitch,but my goodness, it looks fab. This is my favourite block :o)

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely needlebook from Gill. Very pretty.

Congratulations on finishing that one house! I bet you're glad to be getting on to the next one!

Stitcher said...

Such a pretty gift. I used to collect frogs, and now seem to have the stitchers enemy frog staying with me.

Dani said...

What a great surprise. HOHRH is making great progress. Congrats on getting to the next square.

Katrina said...

Your HoHRH looks great! You are really getting close. I love the little frog needlecase, what a fun gift.

Kim B said...

Such a lovely gift and a beautiful gesture all rolled together!

Your HoHRH looks incredible!

Jenna said...

What a wonderful surprise and a nice pick-me-up from Gill. Such a lovely thought. Congratulations on finishing another block on HoHRH. I know this one was a challenge for you, so I hope that the next one is easier. :)

Needlearts Kelly said...

Such a wonderful needlebook. I love the frogs.

Michelle said...

What a cute needlebook! This really is such a great design! Congrats on finishing another house for HOHRH. It looks wonderful!