Saturday, May 03, 2008

House Samplings is Finished

I just finished putting the last stitches in House Samplings. I just love how this little sampler turned out. There were a couple of comments in yesterday's entry noting how pretty the fabric is - you are right :-) This is the fabric that is called for in the chart, R&R Reproductions 32 ct Creek Bed Brown. I ordered a piece a few days ago so that I can kit up Seasonal Samplings as well. Creek Bed Brown is a really gorgeous color. My photography does not do the sampler much justice. I know you can barely see the long stitch leaves on the tree in the bottom right, but they do show up really well in real life. I used the DMC conversion for this chart, and I think that the NPI colors are probably more vibrant in at least a couple of instances over the DMC... anyhow, here it is:

House Samplings

Hillside Samplings

R&R Reproductions 32 ct Creek Bed Brown Linen, DMC Floss

Stitched 3/28/08 - 5/3/08


I haven't said much about it, but I have been attending Celebration of Needlework in Nashua, New Hampshire this weekend. I did do a little bit of shopping, but I am not going to post a big long entry about what I bought - who cares about how well I can shop - showing that does not appeal to me. Rather, I prefer to share my stitching. I did take two classes - yesterday I took Acorn Sampler with Betsy Stinner of Earth Threads, and today I took Cape Cod Passport with Ann Pettit of Brightneedle. Both classes were excellent - spending time with a couple of friends was outstanding. I look forward to next year already :-)

Stitched on today: Stitched on a gift, started Cape Cod Passport, and finished House Samplings

35 comments:

Lennu said...

House Samplings is lovely, congratulations Carol! It looks really beautiful.

Carla said...

Congatulations on your new finish Carol...it's a beautiful piece!!

Kim B said...

Gorgeous finish!! And so glad Celebration of Needlework has been so much fun for you, too!

Anonymous said...

That's a stunning finish Carol - I just love it, congratulations!

Those class pieces are lovely too!

Iris said...

Well done ! It looks great !!
congratulations on your finish.

Nic said...

What a lovely finish! And Celebration of Needlework sounds fun, glad you had a good time.

Carol R said...

A great finish Carol. And wouldn't it also stitch up nice as pinkeeps using just one of the houses? I love it.
Glad you had a good time at Celebration of Needlework

mainely stitching said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish, Carol! I've been stitching with NPI silks the past day or two (for a gift) and I'm in love. Even the 'drab' colors are rich and vibrant.

Your Celebration classes are wonderful. The Brightneedle project is particularly stunning. Can't wait to see yours all done up!!

Mel in Dubai said...

Congratulations on your lovely House Samplings finish, Carol :)

Karoline said...

House Samplings is gorgeous Carol, congratulations

Sally said...

Your House Samplings is gorgeous Carol Congratulations on your finish!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I love how that turned out and I love the color of the material too. I am so glad that you got it finished...congratulations on another Finish.

Take care & Happy Stitching

JariJari said...

Yay! It's complete now! It looks so beautiful. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

That Cape Cod passport piece looks lovely, Carol! I can't wait to see your finish!

House Samplings came out very nicely - I really like the colors of this piece.

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish Carol! Congrats! I love the Brightneedle class piece-so pretty. I wish they would put out some more designs. They tend to do mostly classes nowadays.

cathymk said...

Beautiful finish Carol! Congratulations!

Both of your class pieces look so beautiful. I really wish we had something like Celebrations down here - it really looks like a fabulous experience. Sounds like you had a great time.

Paula said...

House samplings is really lovely. Glad to hear you are had a good time at Celebrations - the classes look fabulous.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Yay, It looks amazing. Congrats on the finish:)

Lynn said...

House Samplings is so pretty. I need to get a piece of the fabric you used for it.
Congratulations on your finish.

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful finish, congrats Carol! Thanks for the tip on the fabric colour, it is indeed really beatiful.

Dawn T. said...

Congratulations on such a pretty finish!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

It looks great! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

He's very nice.I love thouse houses.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful finish Carol - congratulations!

Glad you had a good time at Celebrations :)

BeckySC said...

BEEutiful! Congratulations :)

stitcherw said...

Congratulations on your finish, it turned out wonderful. I love the different houses in this one, it does look like it would have been a fun stitch.

Glad you're having a good time at Celebration. The two classes you took look wonderful, I'll enjoy seeing pictures of the projects turn up in your future posts.
Sue

Lelia said...

WOOT! Luv your House Samplings : ) Now, I'm going to have to check out your links to see the class pieces you are working on.

Enjoy the week-end :)

staci said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish Carol! It seems like it didn't take you any time at all :)

Mylene said...

A beautiful finish, Carol. Congrats!

Susimac said...

What a lovely finish Carol, I really like this and I love the fabric too.

Sonda said...

It's lovely, Carol! I bet you're pleased

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your finish. One of the new LHN designs uses Creek Bed Brown, so I wondered what it looked like. It is beautiful! I am so glad you've been enjoying your classes - I can't wait to see what you stitch from them!

Lynn said...

It really is such a pretty little piece! Congrats on your finish!

Jenna said...

House Samplings turned out beautifully! Congratulations on such a quick finish. :) I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself at Celebration again this year!