Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stuff to share!

Yay! I received two lovely emails today, both letting me know that an exchange and a PIF have been received... so, here they are, stuff to share!

Nancy has received the SBEBB Feathered Friends exchange that I sent to her. I dug out an older freebie that I have been dying to stitch. It is hard to find photos of this one online, and the ones I did find were altered using brighter threads... I was anxious to see it as it is charted, and I have to say, I love it! I am glad Nancy likes it too!

Birds & Berries Mattress Pincushion

Lilybet

Silkweaver 40 ct Newcastle Solo Linen, GAST & WDW Floss


... and the rest of the goodies I sent along for her - I hope she enjoys them too.

I also heard from Linda that she received my PIF for her as well - the rest of the goodies I sent her can be seen on her blog ;-) And as you can see, I clearly enjoy using Prairie Schooler's Garden Alphabet for fobs as much as I like Elizabeth's Designs' Nature's Alphabet ;-)

Garden Alphabet "L" Fob

Prairie Schooler

Unknown 32 ct Belfast Linen, DMC Floss


Stitched on today: Finished HoE Freebie Design Exchange

23 comments:

Kim B said...

Such beautiful little treasures you sent out!

Becky K in OK said...

Both stitched pieces are wonderful. I love the Lilybet designs and the alphabets also.

Olga said...

Your both pieces are just gorgeous. I like the pattern on the matrass pincushion, it looks so vintage. Great finishing on both pieces.

Anonymous said...

They're both lovely Carol - you did a great job!

Lillie said...

Loved the mattress pincushion. Great finishing

Nic said...

Some more lovely finishes - I especially like the mattress pincushion, I'm not brave enough to attempt that sort of finish!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching is just gorgeous, as always! Love the mattress pincushion.

Carol R said...

Lovely exchanges Carol. Especially like the Birds & Berries mattress pincushion - did you say this was a freebie? Is it still available?

mainely stitching said...

I love how you've done the Lillybet freebie!!

Kitty Couture said...

Just beautiful, Carol!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gifts, they'll be treasured I'm sure.

cathymk said...

Just gorgeous, love the Lilybet freebie, I wonder if I have that one in my freebie file (I lost track of them long ago!!) Beautifully stitched and finished. Love the Ladybird on the L fob, so cute.

Yuko said...

Hi Carol,
Your exchange piece is very beautiful!!
And I always love your initial fobs very much!
The stitching and finishing are always perfect!!

Sally said...

Beautiful pieces as always Carol.

AQC is coming along nicely.

Edgar said...

Great exchanges!!!! Such super finishes!!!

Daffycat said...

Lovely, lovely exchanges!

BeckySC said...

I love what you stitched for Nancy :) Very nice!

Marie said...

I love both pieces! Did you use a tutorial for the mattress pincushion? Not sure I would know how to make that.

Brigitte said...

Both pieces look great, Carol. I particularly love the pincushion finishing. I have this freebie in my stash as well and have always wanted to stitch it but never did it. I think I will pull it out now after seeing yours stitched and finished.

Carla said...

beautiful exchanges, Carol!!!

Jenna said...

You make mattress pincushions look so simple! Beautiful creations, both. Well done!

Michelle said...

Oh I love that Birds & Berries piece! Soooo cute. I like it as charted too.

Evelyne said...

Hi Carol, I like the pattern from the garden alphabet so mutch.I will by it,but it's out of print.Can you help me.Possible a copie!!fa