Thursday, May 08, 2008

15 Years Ago Today

I can barely believe it has been fifteen years already...

Carol Ann Brunquell wed Michael Alan Sutcliffe

May 8, 1993

Ballardvale United Church, Andover, Massachusetts


I wanted to show you this really cute little scissor sheath that Ann Pettit gave to each of us in her class on Saturday. Isn't it sweet? I keep it on my new DMC Marbleized Scissors - my DH happens to be selling these pretty new scissors now. They come in purple and copper. The pair I have, believe it or not, are considered to be purple. The other pair we have (currently listed on ebay) is very dark and jeweled toned - gorgeous! If you want a purple pair, it is anyone's guess if they will be teal like mine or dark purple like the other pair he has. The copper ones, currently sold out, are very consistent and equally gorgeous. If you want a pair of these, they are only $8. Mike will be ordering more as early as tomorrow, so let me know if you want any. Postal rates are increasing in the US on Monday, so we don't know exact shipping costs, but these are very light and will cost almost nothing at all to mail... just let me know... they are wonderful to work with - nice sharp, precise blades.

Oh, and a little stitching to show you today... I was busy with exchange stitching for a while, but then I could not resist some time on A Quaker Christmas while watching the Red Sox and the Celtics at the same time tonight!

Stitched on today: Started SBEBB Feathered Friends exchange, and stitched on A Quaker Christmas **Mailed a PIF today

40 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations on 15 years of marriage. That is a wonderful achievement.
Margaret S

Kim B said...

Happy anniversary!

Mylene said...

Happy Anniversary!!

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary Carol (and Mike)! I love the scissors...how would I go about ordering a pair. I've been using awesome but clunky ginghers. Maybe time to get a pair of embroidery scissors...

Nic said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Carol! :)

Wonderful progress on QC too - you're really moving along with that one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both Carol!

QC is looking wonderful! Must...resist...urge to start it! LOL

Marion said...

Happy Anniversary for you and your husband Carol. !5 years is something to be proud of :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carol and Mike!!
Those scissors are really cute!!

Chiloe said...

Happy anniversary Carol !!!

Paula C. said...

Happy Anniversary!

Please let me know how to go about ordering two pairs of those scissors =)

Rowyn said...

Congratulations Carol and Mike on 15 years!

Quaker Christmas is beautiful.

Carol R said...

Happy Anniversary

tintocktap said...

Congratulations on the anniversary - I'll be celebrating my 15th next Wednesday.

And your Quaker Christmas looks fantastic!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Paula said...

Happy anniversary. Quaker Christmas looks great.

Karoline said...

Happy Anniversary!

Quaker Christmas is looking gorgeous, great progress

Marika said...

Congratulations you both !! It´s long time to be married. If it´s possible, please order 3 of those scissors for me too.

Arthemise said...

Happy anniversary! You were a beautiful bride. :-)

Dawn T. said...

Congrats on 15 years!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Carol.

I would like to order 2 pairs of the scissors - one in each color. Can I order them directly through you?

Kitty Couture said...

Happy Anniversary, Carol and Mike!

Yuko said...

Congratulations on 15 years anniversary!
It's a beautiful photo!!
And the scissors is very beautiful, I will check your another site from now! :D

Hazel said...

Happy Anniversary! Love those scissors. Just going to have a browse... xx

Edgar said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!!!! Could I order a pair of each scissor directly from you? :)

edgar

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary and great progress on Quaker Christmas!

Wendy said...

Happy Anniversary! What a lovely couple you make!!

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
The scissors are really pretty.

Sally said...

Congratulations Carol and Mike!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary a little late! I beat ya by 9 years! May you have many more happy years together.

Stitchhappy said...

Congratulations on your 15th year anniversary! And as for the scissors - you know I want to order a pair of each color! Let me know when they are in! Sharon M

ollie1976 said...

Happy Anniversary!
-Jen

Kathy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

QC continues to look good. I keep plugging away on mine. I might catch up with you sometime.

mainely stitching said...

Sorry I missed your entry on this big day! Congratulations on 15 years of wonderful marriage together - wishing you many, many more years full of happiness! :D

Kendra said...

Happy Anniversary!

staci said...

Happy Anniversary Carol and Mike!!!

I would love to order the new DMC scissors, a pair of copper and a pair of purple please! Could you email me to let me know if you want me to order thru the store? THX!!!

Julianne said...

Happy Anniversary! May you be blessed with many more years of happiness with eachother.

I would like to order two pair of the scissors, one of each color.

Thank you

Anonymous said...

15 years of marriage,congratulations for it.
The 13 mai we have our 25 years that we are married.Hope you have got a great day.Our children have a surprise for us,so we are waiting because for the moment we don't know anything

Lynn said...

Belated Happy Anniversary wishes Carole and wishes for many more years to come!
Those scissors are lovely. I'll have to add a pair of those to my wish list.

Sharon said...

Carol. I am so behind on blog reading! Happy belated Anniversary! May you have many more!