Tuesday, May 27, 2008

HoE Freebie Design Exchange for Olga

Olga has received my HoE Freebie Design Exchange for her today. I was intrigued when I received her name for this exchange. I did not know Olga at all, and I really enjoyed becoming a regular reader of her blog, and was tickled that she and I love pretty much the same designers. That made choosing for her to be easy! Here is what I chose:

Martina's Roses Biscornu

Chatelaine

28 ct Black Jobelan, DMC Floss, Kreinik #4 Braid, Mill Hill Beads


And the rest of the goodies for her... I figured she would enjoy some fun items for finishing, and some girly stuff too :-)

I think I got a better photo of my latest ornament this afternoon - a little less overexposed than last night's attempt... and here are the details:

Homespun Christmas Ornament

Heart in Hand

R&R Reproductions 35 ct Sheeps Straw Linen, GAST and WDW Floss


Stitched on today: Stitched (and finished) Noel Ornament by Shepherd's Bush (photo tomorrow) **Mailed out a gift today

24 comments:

Kim B said...

I absolutely love your little ornament! And your biscornu is so beautiful! Those colors really pop on the black fabric and the button is perfection!

Olga said...

Carol,
Thank you very much for the great exchange. The biscornu looks more beautiful in person, I love it! I hope you continue visiting my blog just like a friend who has the same interests in our hobby.

Olga said...

Oh, I forgot to say that I love the vintage look of your ornament, the finishing is perfect.

Unknown said...

Nice exchange, and your ornie looks great. :)

staci said...

Gorgeous biscornu~~the black fabric with those colors of floss are really eye-catching :) Wonderful job Carol!

Karen's Blog said...

The biscornu is wonderful Carol. I will have my freebie exchange in the mail tomorrow:) Your irises are stunning as well.

Carol R said...

Beautiful biscornu you made for Olga and the Homespun Christmas ornament is really pretty.

Hazel said...

I love that biscornu on the black jobelan. Definitely will be ordering some of that on my next stop at sewandso lol. What a pretty ornie too. Great finishes. xx

mainely stitching said...

That's a terrific exchange - I bet Olga was dancing up and down in delight!

I also love your Homespun Christmas finish - it's so perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning biscornu! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Wow, another stunning exchange! I adore those designs on the black fabric, they just pop! :D

Laura said...

Beautiful ornament! I love the colors-it's quite elegant.

Anonymous said...

Carol another very attractive piece. The thread/floss you sent Olga looks very pretty. I can't read the label. Could you please tell us who it is by and the name?
Maria S.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful biscornu! So, so pretty :o)

BeckySC said...

Beautiful biscornu, Carol! Congratulations!

Carla said...

What a beautiful biscornu you sent to Olga, Carol! the color really stand out on the dark backgroud :)
Hopefully I'll be able to sign up on the next HOE exchange...I missed the last two as I was really busy with work the last couple of months :(

Marie said...

A Biscornu (eek!) :) Yours is truly beautiful. What a wonderful exchange you sent out.
Another cute ornament, I would live to see your holiday tree. :)

Jenna said...

Beautiful biscornu for Olga. I'm sure she was extremely pleased. How could she not? The button you used was just perfect for the design. Congrats!

Angela said...

I love the biscornu you stitched and finished it is gorgeous! Great ornament too.

Beatrice said...

That is a beautiful Biscornu. What a lovely exchange.

Lisa V said...

Your biscornu is stunning, and finished beautifully. Olga must be very happy with it. Lucky her!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful biscornu! The colours are absolutely stunning!

Sharon said...

Such a beautiful exchange Carol!

Michelle said...

Beautiful exchange piece! Lovely!