Sunday, July 01, 2018

End of June Update

June felt a little bit unproductive for me.  I did continue on with the Christmas Ornament SAL, having selected Lizzie Kate's On Dasher.  I love the colors on this one.
I also continued on with Redagape's Casual Granny CAL.  This month we did an Aztec Granny Square, and it took me some time to select my colors.  Ultimately, I opted for SSDK Apricot, Aspen and Spring Green. 
A great deal of my stitching time in June was spent right here on Briar Rose by Hooked on Sunshine.  I chose to make mine with Scheepjes Whirl in Lemon Cassis Creme.  I am coming to the end of my second cake, as seen in my yarn holder in the photo.  I splurged on a third cake to give this very delicate blanket more size.  It's getting huge, at least in terms of stitch count.  Each round takes quite a lot of time, but I really love this project.
Caitlin was busy with her amigurumi again this month.  Lalylala's Cupcake Ella was one of her adorable finishes...
...and then she made one for Uncle Mike (my DH) for his birthday, adapting it to be more masculine with candies and Sprinkles on his icing 😙
I also started the extremely popular Orbit the Dragon CAL.  This is my part 1 completed.  I finished part 2 last night, no photo yet.  So many parts to sew on this one!  Caitlin is also making one or two Orbits... looking forward to seeing hers soon.

No comments: