Friday, November 30, 2018

October and November Updates

Hello Friends, Life got away from me too... am combining October and November in one post...looks better that way 😁  I did get quite a bit done...
Let's see, what did I get done...  I finished up redagape's Casual Granny CAL.  I love how this blanket turned out.  I used only SSDK from my stash for this project, which began in February.  In all, I used Fondant, Apricot, Lemon, Violet, Bluebell, Pistachio, Cloud Blue, Wisteria, Spring Green, White, Citron, Aspen, Parma Violet and Soft Peach in varying amounts.  I had several balls of Mushroom and it worked well for the finishing.  I did not care for how the designer joined the squares, and she had little or no border on her blanket.  I chose to use a flat braid join and one of Edie Eckman's borders to finish mine off.  I think it worked out well.
I also finished the Atlanticus Blanket which I previewed in my last post.  I used Chimera Lion Brand Mandala yarn.  This took me quite a while... count, rip out, count and recount again....  Worth it in the end.  This is a Christmas gift for a very unsuspecting family member 😉
For a friend, I stitched Penguin Joy by Heart in Hand Needleart on a scrap of R&R Reproductions 30 ct Busy Bee Blend linen.  Fun, quick stitch.
Super excited that tomorrow I shall deliver this slightly early birthday gift to someone special.  I made another Lilliana Blanket by Hooked on Sunshine.  She likes peach and aqua together, and had to make this when I discovered Sea Breeze Lion Brand Cupcake yarn.  Prettier than I ever thought it would be, yet hard to photograph since winter arrived very early here...
Still on the Lilliana theme, for some time now I kept thinking the pattern would adapt well to a pillow.  It did.  Here is my effort in Balloons Lion Brand Cupcake on a 16" pillow form.  I grabbed the Edie Eckman book again to add a border.  Very colorful and sweet.
I present to you the 2018 Christmas freebie from iStitch Designs.  Carol asked me to stitch a model for her, and I was happy to oblige.  I chose 40 ct Lambswool linen, the called for DMC floss and a gold beaded edge.  Again, the dark winter sky is my foe for picture taking...  Carol made such a pretty design.  I hope many stitchers choose to make this one up. 🎄
Amelia will be 2 tomorrow.  Her party theme is Under the Sea.  I bought her winter clothes, though.  Had to whip up this Willa the Whale by One and Two Company to put atop her gift bag, keeping with the theme.  I used King Cole Splash DK in Apricot and SSDK in Spring Green and Spice.  I think the colors are surely cheerful.
And, Mom has a birthday this weekend too!  I made this Willow Blanket in 2016.  The color recipe is by The Patchwork Heart and is done in SSDK.  I again used an Edie Eckman border.  I had immediately tucked this away after I had blocked it, knowing I would eventually know who needed it...  tomorrow it will be gifted to Mom ❤🎁❄
Oh, and Miss Amelia is snuggling here with my hubby a few weeks ago...growing fast!!

2 comments:

Cole said...

Such beautiful finishes Carol! Your crochet is gorgeous <3

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful cross stitch and crochet projects.