Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Update


It's Monday, it's Houses of Hawk Run Hollow night. I kept plugging away still on House 5. It is moving along well now, and when it is finished I will have seven of twelve blocks finished. I am not sure how the white birds (doves?) at the bottom of this block will look in the end, as the two colors that will be stitched around them to provide background are also pretty light. Ah well, this is my pastel version :-)

Thank you so much Heather!! We just traded charts - I recieved Secret Snowdrift by The Trilogy (I fell in love with this when she stitched it a while back), and I sent her my extra copy of SB's Happy Heart! Great trade! Somehow, even though we live in opposite corners of this wide country (New Hampshire and Oregon), the post only takes about two days between our houses! Amazing! I wish mail to Canada was as quick!!

Also, huge thank yous and hugs to Deb - I received a beautiful belated birthday package from her today full of lovely stationery items! I will try to take a photo tomorrow to share the pretties. They are so cool!
Taken 7/24/07.... not sure what this pretty daylily is. I bought it on ebay a few years back. When it bloomed, I saw that it was not the cultivar I bid on (big surprise - happens all the time on ebay, sneaky sellers) - but I do love this one anyhow! It blooms under my laundry room window. It is so tall you can see the blooms above my windowsill. Despite it being an ebay bust, it turned out to be one of my favorites :-) I wish I could remember what I thought I was getting - LOL!

Stitched on today: Seasonal Exchangers project, started a gift, and Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

17 comments:

Kathy said...

You are doing so well on the Houses. I love them as much as the Village. I will live them through your stitching.

Anonymous said...

Your houses are beautiful, Carol :)

Jenn said...

Wow 2 days for a package to get across the country.

7 of 12 squares done (almost) your more then 1/2 way there. :)

Sherry said...

HOHRH is looking great!

Wendy said...

Your house is really starting to take shape now! I actually changed the colours in my grass at the bottom, to help the birds at the bottom show up a bit better.

Lovely daylily - gorgeous colours!

Stephanie said...

A gorgeous daylily Carol! Can't believe how quickly you are progressing on HOHRH - 7/12 means you're more than halfway there...wow. It's looking great.

Cathy said...

I guess that e-bay "whoops" turned out for the best, eh? I got the chart from Heather really quickly, too.

staci said...

Your HOHRH looks amazing!!! I agree about the USPS :)

Ranae said...

The Houses are looking fabulous.

Mindi said...

Love how your Houses is coming along, and the lily is gorgeous.

Sally said...

You are really moving along with the Houses:) It will be a stunning piece when they're done.

Edgar said...

I am really enjoying watching the progress of HOHRH. I can't wait to start VOHRH. Your lily is really lovely.

Kathy said...

WOW HOHR, looks fantastic, you'll soon have it done.

Hugs xxxx

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

Pretty lily, even though it isn't the one you should have received.

Meari said...

HHRH is coming along nicely. Very pretty flower. :)

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on Houses, the newest one now that it has windows is really taking shape.
Sue

Valentina said...

Great progress! HOHRH is more than half away down now, congratulations!
And congratulations also for your lilies, they're all gorgeous!