Friday, August 17, 2007

More birthday gifts!


The mailman delivered some treasures today! Belated birthday gifts! Look at these - Debby sent me a gorgeous needle case that is made by her hubby! It is amazing! I have been admiring these on her blog and had been planning to buy one - now I have one! Oh, thank you Debby! Mike is really impressed too. It is so well made, please let him know I love it!! And, Leena sent me this pretty little humbug! Oh, I adore it!!! Leena caught on recently that I love lavender (oh, I sure do!!). The whole theme of the humbug is lavender, including the dried lavender inside! It is so fragrant and just wonderful! Thank you Leena!!! The humbug is being modeled on the special ebay purchase from Mike that I was telling you about - he got me a pair of Gingher Penelope 4" Scissors! Yay!!! They are so pretty!! They came a couple of days ago, and now the humbug gives me a great reason to remember to post them. He's watching for some other retired Ginghers for me too :-)
And... I spent a little time on Dawn tonight. Not much time, though. I was busy working on my Seasonal Exchangers project, as I really want to finish it and post it off soon. But anyhow, Dawn is growing - lots of work with the Petite Treasure Braid blended with DMC tonight... :-(

It's the weekend! How nice - hope everyone has a good one!

Stitched on today: Seasonal Exchangers project, and Dawn, Fairy Spirit of Grace

23 comments:

Lennu said...

I'm happy to hear that the humbug arrived and you like it :) Oh the needle case is wonderful, really great work! The scissors are beautiful too.

Dawn looks pretty, happy stitching and happy weekend!

mainely stitching said...

These are indeed gorgeous gifts - such a timeless, elegant selection, too. :)

Barbara J said...

Such wonderful gifts! Enjoy your extended birthday :)

Won't you pick up the Long Dog's 18th Century Sampler? I had to take a break, it was quite overwhelming, stitching it almost every day for 2 weeks!

Annemarie said...

Ooh, both gifts are gorgeous! Speaking of gifts: I just laid out everything I need to finish mine. The actual finishing will occur tonight, and perhaps tomorrow!

Arthemise said...

What wonderful presents! Happy birthday!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a gorgeous little needlecase. I love the gingher scissors - I'm a big fan of the limited edition ones. The humbug is darling!

Happy birthday again!

Jenn said...

What wonderful gifts. I like the scissors that Mike got you too.

Sherry said...

Dawn is looking beautiful and what a lovely needlecase and humbug!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Both the humbug and needle case is gorgeous! WOW! Not to mention the Penelope's :)
How GREAT!

Anita said...

Great gifts and neat ideas. Your WIP are looking good.

Sally said...

Love the humbug and the needlecase!

Dawn is coming along beautifully:)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Dawn is coming along nicely. Her dress is such a pretty color...and of course I love the butterfly:)

Dawn T. said...

Beautiful gifts! Dawn looks great.

Sharon said...

The humbug is adorable! Love the needlecase-Debby's DH does such a wonderful job. The Penelope scissores are just fantastic-I have long coveted that pair. There is a new Gingher coming out soon called Bianca by the way.

Meari said...

Great gifts! Dawn looks great, too!

stitcherw said...

What gorgeous gifts, the humbug is adorable and the needleholder is fantastic. The woodfinish is just beautiful. I've never heard of a humbug before, does it refer to the shape, size, or what makes it different than what I usually see refered to as a fob?

Saw where Barbara had mentioned your Long Dog sampler. That is such a pretty one, is it still in your rotation?
Sue

msstitch01 said...

Your Dawn piece looks fantastic Carol. What lovely surprises to receive in the mail also.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your humbug and needlecase are lovely. Dawn is so pretty, she is coming along nicely.

Joanne

Kalu V said...

dawn is looking great! and wow those penelope's scissors are really!

Michelle said...

I love the new scissors and Dawn is looking fantastic. She really is gorgeous!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What beautiful presents!

Lynn said...

That needle case is beautifully done! How lucky you are! The Penelope scissors are very pretty too.

Anonymous said...

A wide range of gifts and flowers on CouponAlbum site from various branded stores of America.